Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Understanding that change isn't always for the best, I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on which fork is better (and why) a 2001 100mm x-fly or a 2003 105 mm marathon sl.

It seems like in a lot of ways they are the same. The marathon has the ECC 5 adjuster but the x-fly also has ecc though it may not be as easy to use. Any thoughts? Not only on performance, but ease of setting up and maintaining.

Thanks

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
I have a '01 x-fly 100

TNC said:
Refresh my memory...do either one of those have the "true" Doppio air system, and is the damping cart in either or both SSV or HSCV?
It has a simple orifice damper (not shimmed), "SSV" type I think it's called. And works well with such short travel. It has a firm coil topout spring. It worked pretty good using rebound dmaping to avoid harsh top-out. I put coils in it after a few months and it worked much smoother at topout, less dive, and with less damping required.

I don't know about the '03 Marathon fork mentioned in the first post.

- ray

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.