Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Which one has better ventilation?

• Giro Atmos

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Bell Volt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You know of one that has better ventilation than the previous two. If so, what is it?

Votes: 1 33.3%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a bit of a dilemma going on with helmets right now. I was wondering if any of you out there knew which helmet got better ventilation, the Bell Volt or Giro Atmos? I was going to get a more inexpensive helmet but figured I would get one that has good ventilation to it. The Atmos has more vents (26 I believe, while the Volt has 22), but the Volt seems to have bigger vents than the Atmos.

The two helmets I'm looking at:

Bell Volt:
http://www.westernbikeworks.com/product/bell-volt-helmet

Giro Atmos:
http://www.westernbikeworks.com/product/giro-atmos-helmet

·
Registered
35 Posts
Road helmets like the Ionos have better ventilation. Lazer has some unique vent placement on their nirvana helmet and might compete well with the Giro and Bell for less.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What are the differences with Road helmets and MTB helmets? I just found out today there were two distinctions and have no clue why I'm guessing the road bike helmets are better suited for highter spends. Right now I would do slightly more off-road riding but still do my fair share of riding on streets and sidewalks.

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
Snagged7 said:
What are the differences with Road helmets and MTB helmets? I just found out today there were two distinctions and have no clue why I'm guessing the road bike helmets are better suited for highter spends. Right now I would do slightly more off-road riding but still do my fair share of riding on streets and sidewalks.
It's nothing really particular. MTB helmets may have a visor or more coverage, or of course cover the face, but there's not much that technically separates a road helmet from a MTB helmet.

I use a Bell road helmet right now, before that it was the Giro Remedy. Switched helmets because the Giro was damn heavy and it was more than I needed (a full-face for XC? :skep: ). So I found the Bell on clearance at REI, 'twas $15 for a normally $80 item. And now I have a road bike too, so I might as well have a nicer/lighter helmet to go along with the road bike. :thumbsup:

All helmets sold in the U.S. have to pass the same tests, so unless you're hucking it big time, the "extra" protection that may be in a MTB helmet won't be needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.