Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to build up a DJ/Urban rig. I am lookin at both a Azonic Steelhead and an 2004 Azonic Evolution II. I would like to run my DJ II that's off my big hit. I will start out with it at 150mm then maybe get a travel change kit to 110mm. Any tips. I can get a deal on the Evolution for around 200. Any tips?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah...

I am 5' 7'', and weigh 135 lbs. I would like to use it for urban/dj/slight dh. I know the steelhead is brute but I would like to cut the weight if possible. Strength is obvioulsly a big concern, I don't want the head tube to snap or anything.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know where to buy them and how much, that is not the issue it is if the Evolution is strong enough. I would get a rumble but that is a little more than sub 200 price. Cambria has the rumbles but not in my size. Any suggestions on which of these two frames?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rumble

I talked to a guy that found a flaw in the Rumble frame by breaking two in the same place due to the lack of gusseting like they have up front. They usually go for 430, they have some on ebay for 210 from cambria but not in my size. I am going to wait and see what happens there, though I believe I am going to go with a Steelhead, they seem way too strong and solid. How would something like these ride with a 150mm? Thanks

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
W7_311 said:
I talked to a guy that found a flaw in the Rumble frame by breaking two in the same place due to the lack of gusseting like they have up front. They usually go for 430, they have some on ebay for 210 from cambria but not in my size. I am going to wait and see what happens there, though I believe I am going to go with a Steelhead, they seem way too strong and solid. How would something like these ride with a 150mm? Thanks
http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?id=20763 thats the cheapest i have scene them im probly gonna pick one up in black or white hopefully. can you tell me more about the guy that snapped one? how big was he, what was he doign i dotn wana buy a frame thats gonna snap on me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah that's where I saw them, but they don't have a medium. I searched google looking for reviews and found one by a guy that broke two rumbles in the same place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.