Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course the Milk Money. Acknowleding chain tension considerations need to be addressed with non SS specific frames, is there a general rule with frame design (e.g., single pivot) that affords a viable setup accordingly?

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RandyBoy said:
Any single pivot which uses the center of the bottom bracket as the axis for the pivot point should do fine.
thanks...but as I could have sworn I saw a post (yet cant find it via search function), does the JET work well?

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RandyBoy said:
Fo, admit it, you want a Lenz, and you're pimping Devins creations now. Get ahold of Mtroy for a demo of one, he really likes his alot.
a Milk Money would be nice, though I am not adverse to using my existing Inbred setup (i.e., replace frame and fork) and config it just like my new Lynskey out back with what would then be 1x6 gearing (since Inbred wheels are SS) - this way, any FS bike could also work.

looking for something like a Milk Money, Titus Racer X, etc (acknowleding that some of these may not work well if run true SS)

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
I'm riding a 2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR as a singlespeed with a Yess tensioner. Awesome setup that has never failed/skipped/jumped/etc.

I also used the same tensioner/drivetrain on a 4" Lev with the same results.

B

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
donkey said:
I'm riding a 2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR as a singlespeed with a Yess tensioner. Awesome setup that has never failed/skipped/jumped/etc.

I also used the same tensioner/drivetrain on a 4" Lev with the same results.

B
thanks donkey! i am leaning now (i.e, this hour :) ) towards just selling the inbred frame and fork (and probably bars and post in which case i will let you know)

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rojogonzo said:
one of the local guys here, he posts under 918XC, had a jet 9 set up single speed, he eventually bought a milk money though.

ah here it is
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=490550&highlight=918xc

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=551571&highlight=918xc money
thanks

current plan as of 15 minutes ago...is to sell off frame and fork only and make a new suspended bike, either Milk Money-esque or swapping Lynskey drivetrain over to make the bike 1x6 and making lynskey dinglespeed

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
FoShizzle said:
thanks

current plan as of 15 minutes ago...is to sell off frame and fork only and make a new suspended bike, either Milk Money-esque or swapping Lynskey drivetrain over to make the bike 1x6 and making lynskey dinglespeed
that didn't last long.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.