Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
joerazlifts said:
hello everyone iam 6 foot 6 and 320lbs and i want to buy a fs 29er. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. thanks in advance
Ventana will also build a custom or semi-custom El Cap if you need something other than stock geometry or want to go with a stronger-than-stock tubeset.

Not sure if Lenz offers this option... maybe Padre knows.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Hey joerazlifts, welcome to the forums!
I would say the Ventana first, because it just puts more weight on the scale, and as said can be offered semi-custom.
I think the Monk, at 60% the price of the Behemoth, and about the same weight, has got to be less tough. 320lb on a Monk? First hear some good Clyde reports on it!

·
Registered
49 Posts
frame fit is one thing, shock performance...

AOK said:
Ventana will also build a custom or semi-custom El Cap if you need something other than stock geometry or want to go with a stronger-than-stock tubeset.

Not sure if Lenz offers this option... maybe Padre knows.
...will be another for such a heavy guy. i'm 6'6", 270 lbs, with all of 2 hrs of riding on 29er fs bikes. however, one thing that appeals to me about both the el cap and lev, and to a less extent the 'moth (or the zinn equivalents of the latter two) is the low leverage ratio of the rear ends (2:1 for el cap and lev; 2.5:1 for moth). you can use reasonable air pressures in the shock and get the same performance as the lightweights dudes. with bikes that use higher leverage ratios, like some (all?) cannondales and giants, i would go thru 40% of the travel by just sitting on the bike, even with the max. air pressure in the shock. see lennard zinn's website if you want more info.

using a shock modified by push industries also seems popular amongst the bigger riders contributing to these forums. this may almost be mandatory for someone your size. i'm getting a pushed shock when i splurge for my new rig this spring...

·
change is good
Switchblade with a 38, 29+ rigid WaltWorks
3,862 Posts
2nd the El Cap

joerazlifts said:
hello everyone iam 6 foot 6 and 320lbs and i want to buy a fs 29er. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. thanks in advance
I'm probaly 240 with gear and the frame is so stiff it feels wooden in the ruff. Call Ventana.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.