Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a pivot 429 with the high direct mount front deraileur shimano 980xtr crankset. Shimano sells this crank as either a double or triple and I have mine as a double with wickwerks 33/22 chainrings. The problem is the xtr 2x10 derailleur would not go low enough because of the mounting bolt to get to the 2-3mm above the big ring spec so I bought a sram 2x10 derailleur and it was better but the closest I can get it above the big ring is 5mm or the inside of the cage rubs on the small sprocket. I really like the 33/22 chainrings but I can't seem to find the perfect front derailleur setup any suggestions thanks.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
I have an XT crankset with standard Shimano 22/32 rings, a bash guard and an XT 2X10 derailleur. When on the 32T ring the derailleur cage just clears the bash guard but is nowhere near the ring itself. The derailleur doesn't know that there is a bash guard. If my derailleur were any higher the chain would drag on the bottom of the cage when on the small ring. I believe the 2-3mm. instruction applies to a three ring setup. Does it shift properly? That is all that matters.

How do you like the Wickwërks rings? I was looking at them on the website just yesterday as an option.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts