Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am currently in the process of purchasing a frame for xc riding. I want the final bike light as possible and will be going the hard tail route. I am currently looking at choosing one of the following frames:

Azonic AZ-7 Hardtail (scandium)
2007 Trek 9.8 Elite Hardtail (carbon)
2008 Specialized S-Works Hardtail (carbon)
2006 Scott Scale 10 Hardtail (carbon)
2008 Scott Scale 30 Hardtail (carbon)

I know all these frames are relatively light, i am just looking for user input before i make the jump. If budget wasn't an issue to you between these frames (eg. if they all cost the same) what frame would you pick for your xc build and why, in other words leaving money, availability and name brand bliss out of the equation, what frame would you use between these and for what reasons. All input is appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Azonic AZ-7

I just built my bike on a Azonic AZ-7 frame. I was not very impressed as weight on the frame was 1310 gram (16.5" frame size). Also, compared to my old frame (Norwegian Hardrocx race 2, 1610g) the Azonic does not feel very stiff. I wold not recommend AZ-7.

Hmm. Feel like edit my own opinion. The stiffness problem with the AZ-7 is not as big as i thought first. I have been running with a not very stiff SID fork, and low pressure in tires. Where the frame did not feel stiff was in the steerer tube area. Now I'm running rigid fork, with higher pressure in the tires and the feeling has completely changed. The AZ-7 is as stiff as I want it to be. However, if I had the oportunity to change frame I would go for the Pedal Foce MT frame

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
jorgenbli said:
I just built my bike on a Azonic AZ-7 frame. I was not very impressed as weight on the frame was 1310 gram (16.5" frame size). Also, compared to my old frame (Norwegian Hardrocx race 2, 1610g) the Azonic does not feel very stiff. I wold not recommend AZ-7.
Thankyou for all input so far guys, good to know about your experience with the azonic frame, i am also considering the pedalforce MT frame at this point. Has anyone else had user experience with the frames mentioned?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.