Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys.... I'm buying a New Frame and a New Fork for my bike, I'm going to use the bike for 70% DH Racing and 30% trail riding.... The fork I've already decided (well.... not really decided since it's the only 7" fork I can buy here in Brazil) it's going to be a Boxxer… I weight only 135 lbs so I don’t need (neither can buy…) a real DH frame…. So I have 2 options (in my country we don’t have much options) One is a DBR XTS MOTO 2004 with Swinger 4 way…. The other one is a 2002 Giant AC TEAM with a Rock Shox Deluxe shock…. Both are brand new….Which one you think I should buy?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
XMAG said:
Hello guys.... I'm buying a New Frame and a New Fork for my bike, I'm going to use the bike for 70% DH Racing and 30% trail riding.... The fork I've already decided (well.... not really decided since it's the only 7" fork I can buy here in Brazil) it's going to be a Boxxer… I weight only 135 lbs so I don't need (neither can buy…) a real DH frame…. So I have 2 options (in my country we don't have much options) One is a DBR XTS MOTO 2004 with Swinger 4 way…. The other one is a 2002 Giant AC TEAM with a Rock Shox Deluxe shock…. Both are brand new….Which one you think I should buy?
the xts moto would def be better with a 7" dual crown cuz acs werent meant for dual crowns and the 6.25" or 6" of rear travel on the moto would match the boxxer better. with the little experience i have on some kids moto that i rode once, it seemed like a solid fr/trail bike. but since ur not too heavy, i would make a pretty nice dh bike as well

also, i do believe that swinger 4s are better than rock shox rear shocks. the ac team, like most acs, are aggro trail and light fr bikes, not really meant for dh abuse

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.