Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to update my old 97 FSR... Do mostly Trail and cross country riding, but like to be able to get agressive and do small jumps when the mood strikes... People who have any of them love them, the reviews on all of them are good, so How do I decide which one is right for me, Other than by price ?????? Any help would be appreciated... Thanks

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I have been riding a Motolite for 2 1/2 years and it is an awesome ride. I ride aggresively with the ocassional jump/drop with no problem at all, it takes it with a smile yet it's very responsive and efficient for XC. You have to test ride them if you can. I think you should scratch the dakar from the list, not because is a bad bike but you're talking about boutique bikes for the rest;)
VPP, DW and horst... 3 very different suspension choices
People rave about the DW. I can tell you that you can't go wrong with any
Good luck:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Indeed, this will be tricky on account that each frame mentioned is pretty reputed for performing honestly. Of course the Pivots are the newest on the scene but seem pretty comparable with some of Titus' past crowning achievments.

If it were my scratch right now, I would probably go with the Blur LT or the Motolite but honestly, you can't go wrong with any of them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys that narrows me down to 2 choices then, but as far as the suspensions go ??? the horst vs the vpp... the horst seems to be a more active setup whereas the vpp is a rigid triangle ?? I would think the horst would conform and track better and smoother than the vpp style ?? My specialized has the horst set up and it flows smoothly, but sucks climbing.. All the reviews I've read said that the titus ml climbs like a dream. but then again so do the reviews for the Blur lt.... The blur looks like a beefier frame ? but havent heard any issues with the ML's ...... ughhh... Maybe I should just get a new specialized frame ? the stumpjumper pro frameset is comparable in price to the titus and SC.......... Now I'm just making it more complicated.. If it hadnt snowed and the road s were so bad I would have just gone and got the titus, cause I can have it now.... LOL......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.