Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Twin Six METAL
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I've been mulling it over for a few weeks, but I can't decide which one I want to race on. I have an older Sid Race Titanium or a Fox F80X. The Fox is a little over 1 lb heavier than the Sid, but it has that amazing Terralogic valving in it, and it has been Pushed. I am currently depolyed to the desert and haven't had a chance to run them side by side in about a year. I am about to be heading home, but would like to see what you guys think of the options before I put them to the test. Since I have been gone I have lost about 20 lbs, maybe a little more, so I'm now sitting at about 160 lbs +/- 2-3 lbs daily variation. One of the reasons I took the Sid off and went with the Fox was the more solid feel, and less flex, but having lost some weight, will that still be a factor? Also, I love the self locking Fox fork, to go back to having to manually lock the Sid might be a challenge.

Any and all input is wecome!

·
Twin Six METAL
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Magura Durin SL looks like a sweet fork, however, that would mean switching from my rim brakes to disc brakes, which would mean new wheels, that's just a lot of money. I have a couple nice sets of racewheels that make getting a disc only fork not really a viable option. Since I already have the Fox and the Sid, the choice is going to be between one of those! Maybe depending on the course I can switch back and forth between the two.

·
Tech geek and racerboy
651 Posts
Having ridden both forks in the past, I would definitely race the Fox. I weigh only 145, but even I notice the flex and sketchiness of the old SID. You will handle the bike better and more confidently, carry more speed, and be less fatigued on nearly any type of course. Keep in mind that if it was pushed and they valved it to a heavier weight, you may have to play sith the settings a bit, but it should be way better than your SID in every way but weight, and not just a little. And this is coming from a total weight weenie. The Fox is pretty heavy, but between those two forks there's no contest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.