Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In response to my earlier post, does anyone have any advice on what 100mm fork I should get? It will be used for xc racing and trail riding. I want the best bang for the buck so I have been thinking about the R7 or maybe the Reba. I don't want pay the price for a Fox as that will be what I will be selling next (80mm). Any ideas would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.....Which Reba. From what I can tell from the Rock Shox site, the SL and the Race seem to be almost identical. Am I missing something? How about the R7. Any ideas on that one?

·
No good in rock gardens..
4,452 Posts
The only difference b/w the SL and Race is the external floodgate control - once set it's rarely used - so it's not really an important difference. I have a 100mm 2006 Reba SL. Nice, stiff and plush fork, with lots of adjustability. I've never ridden an R7.

G

·
I bought the 2006 RockShox Reba Race with the poploc. I wanted a Fox, but couldn't justify spending the money. My intended use is for XC racing & Trail riding. A friend has the R7 and is happy with it as well. I chose the Reba cause it just seemed to have more adjustability which better suited the different types of riding I do. Plus I like the idea of the floodgate control. I am very happy with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.