Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am looking to buy a 2019 Canyon spectral soon for my next bike.

The AL 6.0 comes with a Fox 36 Rhythm front and DPX2 EVOL rear.
The CF 7.0 has a Rockshoxx Pike RC front and Super Deluxe RCT rear.

Which would be better combo and also recommended for a lightweight rider 60kg (132lb)? I guess I prefer plusher feel as well. Would the pike need the charger upgrade?

Spec comparison:
https://99spokes.com/compare?bikes=canyon-spectral-al-6.0-2019,canyon-spectral-cf-7.0-2019

·
Never trust a fart
4,543 Posts
According to Sram's website, the Pike RC comes with the Charger damper. So if that is correct, then either fork would be nice. Then the question would come down to, do you want carbon or aluminum.

·
jcd's best friend
3,413 Posts
If that Pike is a 2019 model, it already has the Charger2 damper according to Rockshox. There isn't much info about the Fox 36 Rhythm. Those forks are used primarily on OEM builds and you can't really buy them aftermarket from vendors. You can't go wrong with either build. Both forks feel and work just as good as the other.

·
Bikes in jeans
2,372 Posts
Hi All,

I am looking to buy a 2019 Canyon spectral soon for my next bike.

The AL 6.0 comes with a Fox 36 Rhythm front and DPX2 EVOL rear.
The CF 7.0 has a Rockshoxx Pike RC front and Super Deluxe RCT rear.

Which would be better combo and also recommended for a lightweight rider 60kg (132lb)? I guess I prefer plusher feel as well. Would the pike need the charger upgrade?

Spec comparison:
https://99spokes.com/compare?bikes=canyon-spectral-al-6.0-2019,canyon-spectral-cf-7.0-2019
They're both extremely good forks out of the box. There are more tuning options for the Fox IMO, but it's not something I'd worry about for either fork until you need to service it or you find that there's some major deficiency, which I don't think is likely given your weight. Personally, if the cost isn't an issue, I'd go with the carbon version.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.