Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brand of fork oil is the best? Based on fact or personal opinion, please share! (Fox, Finish Line, Spectro, Max., Torco, etc.)

Ealier I asked what oil I should use to change in my TALAS. (What oil for TALAS based on Rider weight?) I great responces, but folks mentioned various differnent brand oils. The brands mentioned there, plus the fact that my LBS carries totally different brands makes it hard to pick one.

What is even harder is trying to match the different brand oil weights. The thread under Fork Oil Data provides info on some oils. But the chart from spectro seemed to include really only motocross forks, and the intial listing from DGC only had a few brands.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
CU-Murph said:
What brand of fork oil is the best? Based on fact or personal opinion, please share! (Fox, Finish Line, Spectro, Max., Torco, etc.)

Ealier I asked what oil I should use to change in my TALAS. (What oil for TALAS based on Rider weight?) I great responces, but folks mentioned various differnent brand oils. The brands mentioned there, plus the fact that my LBS carries totally different brands makes it hard to pick one.

What is even harder is trying to match the different brand oil weights. The thread under Fork Oil Data provides info on some oils. But the chart from spectro seemed to include really only motocross forks, and the intial listing from DGC only had a few brands.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I picked up some Motorex 5-10w fork oil through Jensens and some Motorex Semi-bath oil at my LBS. It's what Manitou puts in their forks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.