Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Wrench-O-Phile
262 Posts
Enduroblood... do you also find certain turns or obstacles easier depending on direction?

For example, I prefer to do wall rides on my skateboard when the wall is to my left on the approach (heels to the wall).

I find when I try and do a steep bank or wall ride on the bike I have the same habit (want to have wall on my left)... even though I am "centered" on the bike and not standing sideways as on a board. :madman:

This sensation is not as predominate as when I first transitioned from boards to bikes, but I can still feel it on occasion.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,403 Posts
Left handed, right eye dominent, right foot for kicking, right foot forward (riding, but left or right foot foward for skiing feels equally good)

·
Wait, what!?
742 Posts
Elvota said:
Enduroblood... do you also find certain turns or obstacles easier depending on direction?

For example, I prefer to do wall rides on my skateboard when the wall is to my left on the approach (heels to the wall).
I think Im the opposite actually, haha. I like to have my toes to the wall, or pointing "up" I guess, when Im on my long board or snow board. I much rather prefer jumping from the heelside, or right side, of a wake though, so I dont really know how to explain it.

I have never really thought of this before, and its kind of odd....

·
wretch
2,126 Posts
Elvota said:
Left foot forward, right handed.

I skate/ snowboard with left foot forward as well... always figured it transitioned from those ingrained habits before I started to pedal.
Same here. . . I also played lacrosse and I was dominant on ground balls and checking with my left, passing and catching with my right. . . kinda weird. Now i'm good enough at riding (snowboarding) or skating to go switch, and doing so was easier on the boards than trying right foot fwd. on the bike.

Left foot fwd on the bike, but like Clock said I'm comfortable to reposition to get better clearance.

Man I wish I could ride. . .

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.