Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I just tried fitting a newly-bought fixed cog (a Miche) to my trusty ENO hub on my mtb ss, and the problem is it didn't fit. The two lockrings that come with the sprocket (one for the large diameter area and one of smaller diameter to lock it in place) seemed to be of slightly too wide a diameter and even though i could thread in the larger diam one in, it was still a bit ratly within the thread. The smaller one didn't even engage.

The shop guys were perplexed as they said there is only one standard for track cogs (and I think they should know, we have a velodrome here in South London). I had to give the sprocket back.

What brand of fixed sprocket do you guys fixies ride on an ENO?

·
Registered
116 Posts
sylvain said:
Hi all

I just tried fitting a newly-bought fixed cog (a Miche) to my trusty ENO hub on my mtb ss, and the problem is it didn't fit. The two lockrings that come with the sprocket (one for the large diameter area and one of smaller diameter to lock it in place) seemed to be of slightly too wide a diameter and even though i could thread in the larger diam one in, it was still a bit ratly within the thread. The smaller one didn't even engage.

The shop guys were perplexed as they said there is only one standard for track cogs (and I think they should know, we have a velodrome here in South London). I had to give the sprocket back.

What brand of fixed sprocket do you guys fixies ride on an ENO?

There's actually a couple.

French (like on Mavic track wheels)
Campy for campy hubs, though I've gotten older Campy cogs on some non-Campy track hubs, if I recall correctly the thread pitch is just a bit different. .
NJS
There may be more; I'm not a total track nerd.

On my Eccentric Eno, I use Shimano track cogs and lock rings. Surly will work too.

·
A hopped on pop.
1,397 Posts
i've got a soma fab. fixed cog and a surly lockring....no problems here.

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Miche

I have a Miche on both my ENO and IRO hubs and they work just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.