• atlas fr

Votes: 18 29.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
ustemuf said:
descendants or saints
Nope, should be altas or saint or desendents.

I have saints v1 and live them. Heard nothing but good things about Saint v2 and I have 2 sets of atlas and they're sick.

The new bike I'm building will have desendents because they're a good price and light.

I think descendants with a CK bb would be legit.

·
the test dummy
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
highrevkev said:
You can't beat the Atlas..... lighter, better looking (any color you want)... and with the Race Face warantee ( lifetime replacement for the original owner if you somehow break them):thumbsup:
well that ends it

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
we'll slide you AM Hammerschmitt set w/ BB (no shifter) $500+ shipping ----- new, just couldn't get er' to work on the frame it was intended to go on (ISCGmounts were too janky to fix).

·
Registered
3 Posts
i think you should go with the saints. i have heard nothing but good about them and they are a good price for a good crank. but if you dont have enough money for them then you should buy a set of truvativ holzfellers they are great cranks and you can get them on ebay for one hundred dollars. =)

·
the test dummy
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm gonna go with the atlas crank I know the poll tells me to go the other way but since they have a life time warranty and are like 60 bucks cheaper, they also match my bike better:).

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
audiologies said:
I was of the opinion that as long as they dont break, a crank is a crank. Wrong. I recently upgraded my old holzfellers to the new saints. My bike feels like an industrial machine.
Good point. The descendants are lighter but everything is a compromise. They are either going to flex more than Saint/Atlas or they are going to be weaker. Maybe both.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.