Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to get some new things just to make my bike look at little different from the rest. heres a pic:


what colour chainring bolts, qr skewers etc do you think? i was thinking about purple hope skewers but then i cant find any other bolts, spacers or anything like that in purple.
 

·
Socialist
Joined
·
433 Posts
You have got to be kidding me. Here, use a color wheel. Colors opposite of one another or next to one another "work".

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,158 Posts
chris27 said:
im going to get some new things just to make my bike look at little different from the rest. heres a pic:


what colour chainring bolts, qr skewers etc do you think? i was thinking about purple hope skewers but then i cant find any other bolts, spacers or anything like that in purple.
PINK goes well with brown ..... so jsut paint everything that isnt brown PINK
 

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
Joined
·
2,664 Posts
baby blue!!! baby blue/brown is so hot right now.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm. i was thinking about pink cables a while ago but not many things are made i pink. baby blue would be different but its the same problem.

that blue is the easiest to find things in but im not sure if its to dark.
 

·
mtbr remember
Joined
·
4,356 Posts
holy smokes... this can't be serious.... chainring bolts? qr skewers? two things that should not be present on any street bike to begin with...

and if you are desparate to get close to the pink (just like everyone else today) CK makes plenty of pink components. certain shades of blue too, but I just want to say, I'm not here pushing their products, as I have never used them, and probably never will.... :rolleyes:
two in the pink, none on your stink (oh, that's a Kona Shred, my bad...);)
 

·
Meh.
Joined
·
17,508 Posts
Nice shocker reference.

Who cares about colors? Just ride.

If you really want to be unique, strip and polish your frame until it's mirror-like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,381 Posts
i wouldn't spend money on little things just to make the bike look better....save your cash and get parts that will help performance like a new fork, wheelset, tires, chainguide?, brakes yadadadada. just my two cents
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
do what i do... get completly random bright colors!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
How about whatever color it is now mixed with scratches from being ridden.
Purple chainring bolts? That would be cool.....if it was still 1993
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cranberry said:
How about whatever color it is now mixed with scratches from being ridden.
Purple chainring bolts? That would be cool.....if it was still 1993
1. i said purple hope skewers. 2. if your going to be no help at all, why reply? 3. little things add up to make a big difference. 4. i like old skool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
chris27 said:
1. i said purple hope skewers. 2. if your going to be no help at all, why reply? 3. little things add up to make a big difference. 4. i like old skool.
Actually you said, "what colour chainring bolts, qr skewers etc do you think?"

If your gonna spend money on your ride, spend it where it REALLY makes a difference. (ie. suspension tuning, better shifters and deraileurs, stronger cranks and stem, ect.) Dont mess with making it pretty. It's a DJ bike! Go big try and break it. When something does break, spend your money then.

To answer your original question, "Whick colors go well together?" Black and Black

"if your going to be no help at all, why reply?" Because being a smarta$$ suits me:prft:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cranberry said:
To answer your original question, "Whick colors go well together?" Black and Black
Thats all that needed to be said. You gained a small amount of my respect.
cranberry said:
"if your going to be no help at all, why reply?" Because being a smarta$$ suits me:prft:
Then a comment like that lost the respect you so recently gained.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Well Chris, I really dont give a fvck about your respect for me.
The only peoples respect I care about are my children, my wife, and the one that looks back at me in the mirror.

If you are really that worried about the pretty little shiney colored things on your bike, so be it. In my opinion that is money wasted. (But you dont care about my opinion now do you?) Your bike will look great sitting in the garage waiting for replacement parts you should have upgraded in the beginning.
And DONT expect respect from someone thats propably been riding longer than you have been alive when you ask questions like what colored chainringbolts should I buy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cranberry said:
And DONT expect respect from someone thats propably been riding longer than you have been alive when you ask questions like what colored chainringbolts should I buy.
Sorry but i dont think i typed or even thought about expecting respect of you.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top