Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Which model and year is this cannondale frameset? (F600??)

I just picked it up and trying to compile a list of all the add ons:

The fork is a Headshok. Is this the Super Fatty Ultra DL??

The hubs, crank, rear cogs, f&r derailleurs, shifters are all shimano XT's

The rear brakes are avid BB disc, the front Magura Julie Hydraulic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Z

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
This is a pretty good one. hmmmmm?

This is a pretty good one. hmmmmm? Doesnt the frame say what model it is?
Well it is definitely a 2000 or newer I'm thinking based on the model of headshok . F600 definitely not because they did not come with XT components. Those are Deore XT which pushes them back a few years as I believe they are just XT now.

So you either have a F600 that was upgraded or the likes of a F800 to F1000, however it could not be a F2000 because they usually come with a XTR rear derailleur.
Thats my take on it.
Nice Bike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dirtdawg,

No where on the frame does it has a model or year which is driving me up a wall. The previous owner built it from scratch and your reply is close to what he said. It's an 04 F600 frame built up, to the likes of an F1000 (he did an awesome job BTW). Other then a little dirt the bike is in great condition. From the pics what do think it's worth?

Z

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,891 Posts
The frame looks like a 2005 F600 in the "alternate" color. It is not a 2004 or earlier as far as I can tell. I don't remember seeing square seat stays on their hardtails until this year.

·
Registered
169 Posts
jeffj said:
The frame looks like a 2005 F600 in the "alternate" color. It is not a 2004 or earlier as far as I can tell. I don't remember seeing square seat stays on their hardtails until this year.
Good Call on the seat stays (something my eyes went right past) good catch - that dates it really quick as 2005 is the first year for that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.