Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Kill your... television
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a few Brooks saddles on the SS's around here (sslos I am looking in your direction). I think that I am ready to pull trigger and try it out. So, my question is: which saddle are you guys running for MTB? B17? Professional? Ti or steel rails? Mine will definitely be that sweet honey brown.

Moto

·
Registered
118 Posts
Brooks Saddle

I have experience with two; the Team Professional that I use on my fixie and the Swift w/ti rails on the ss. Try Wallingford Bike Parts for a great resouce and good service. I believe they have a trade-in policy as well. Don't forget, you have to break them in. agree - they look *****in'.

·
Registered
151 Posts
motoman711 said:
I have seen a few Brooks saddles on the SS's around here (sslos I am looking in your direction). I think that I am ready to pull trigger and try it out. So, my question is: which saddle are you guys running for MTB? B17? Professional? Ti or steel rails? Mine will definitely be that sweet honey brown.

Moto
I recently tried putting my B17 on my SS and I had problems slidding off the back on the steep stuff. I would suggest going with the B17 Narrow or Swift @ 152mm wide, or the Professional @ 160mm. I'm waiting around for a good deal on a Swift somewhere...:)

·
Kill your... television
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Swift it is

I just ordered a Brooks Swift from WallBike. Can't beat the 6 month satisfaction guarantee on a $200 saddle. Thanks for the help guys!

·
hispanic mechanic
2,696 Posts
Here I am!

motoman711 said:

Moto
Sorry, I just got back late last night from a wedding in Colorado.
Good call on the Swift- that's my saddle of choice. The honey brown is what's on my Wily, but I also have an antique brown in reserve.
Enjoy, and good choice on Wallingford. The return policy takes all the risk out of buying!
Make sure to post pics!

the los

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.