Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about peoples opinions. I know it's subjective and down to personal opinion however I'd like to get some different perspectives. I know brands like Yeti, Santa Cruz, Ibis, Evil are all seen as 'boutique' and are very exclusive and sought after but very expensive.

Would the following brands also be considered 'boutique'

Trek, Kona, Specialized, Norco, Giant, Canyon, YT, Intense, Transition, Rocky Mountain, Scott

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
7,875 Posts
not this thread again

give us a break already

answer: NONE of the ones you posted, that's for damn sure

·
Wally on Wheels
67 Posts
IMO I would have said that all of those brands are too mass market to be really 'boutique'. For it to qualify for that I'd say it'd have to be the kind of business where you'd contact the chap making the parts and be able to discuss them in detail with their designer etc. or even be able to swing by the workshop/factory and be shown around your stuff being made. I'm more thinking companies along the lines for Starling, Curtiss, Trickstuff or Intend.

·
Wanna ride bikes?
9,828 Posts
Here you go.

https://forums.mtbr.com/general-discussion/what-most-prestigious-mtb-brands-1108773.html

Just curious about peoples opinions. I know it's subjective and down to personal opinion however I'd like to get some different perspectives. I know brands like Yeti, Santa Cruz, Ibis, Evil are all seen as 'boutique' and are very exclusive and sought after but very expensive.

Would the following brands also be considered 'boutique'

Trek, Kona, Specialized, Norco, Giant, Canyon, YT, Intense, Transition, Rocky Mountain, Scott

·
Professional Crastinator
6,596 Posts
"Boutique" brands maybe like Niner and Canfield?
Carver?

Any "smaller" and I think they are considered "custom".

I probably don't know the definition of "boutique" anyway.

-F

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
7,875 Posts
The term "boutique" refers to both goods and services which contain some element that is claimed to justify an extremely high price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.