Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Bullit That is built up for trail use. I am in the process of building up a Vp Free for shuttle assisted DH. I have two brakesets - Avid Juicy 7's and Hayes Mag's. Which brakeset for which bike and why ? Thanx

·
your mom
1,331 Posts
keen said:
I have a 2001 Bullit That is built up for trail use. I am in the process of building up a Vp Free for shuttle assisted DH. I have two brakesets - Avid Juicy 7's and Hayes Mag's. Which brakeset for which bike and why ? Thanx
i would say use the brakes you like most on the bike you use the most.

·
high school loser
1,313 Posts
the juicy 7s on your DH/shuttle bike because ive had both juicy fives and mags and the fives never faded in power no matter brutal a dowhill run, and they had the most power, mags are good brakes for sure, but i would definitly go with the 7s for DHing, although all i do is DH and FR so then again, like mentioned above, put the 7s on the bike you ride most, cause in my opnion those are the best, just my 2 cents...

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
I've had both brakes. My Mags died. So I picked up a set of Juicy 7s. I love these brakes. I paired them with my 8 inch Hayes rotors. Perfect. The Mags were ok, decent modulation and stopping power, but the new Juicy 7s just blow them away. The lever feel is terrfic, the pad contact knob is pretty nice. Great response and great modulation. Just an XC ride, some urban, and some DJ so far. So nothing super intensive on the brakes yet, but I'm sure that they will be very capable brakes. They're the do-it-all brakes.

Put whatever brake you like more on the bike you ride more often.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.