Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for something I can move around without an adapter. It can be made of any material, I'm not picky about that. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

·
mbtr member
6,494 Posts

·
mbtr member
6,494 Posts
Anything with a long baseplate like this works with the help of a Dremel tool as well.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Ya, but the long baseplate isn't super common. Those king iris cages are THE BEST when it comes to bottle retention. THE BEST.
STSTE.jpg

·
mbtr member
6,494 Posts
Yeah, just another option vs. that wolf tooth one. I thought about those but couldn't stomach $30 for some drilled aluminum
but what if they were steel? Bend them if you wanna, no alu oxide on your bottles...

(they're stainless steel)

I was just pointing them out because they're another model that King Cage makes, and it's better than the one wolftooth chose because they're more secure.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
but what if they were steel? Bend them if you wanna, no alu oxide on your bottles...

(they're stainless steel)

I was just pointing them out because they're another model that King Cage makes, and it's better than the one wolftooth chose because they're more secure.
Dude, I'm not saying your option was bad. All I did was give another one. Why are you set in arguing about this?

·
mbtr member
6,494 Posts
Dude, I'm not saying your option was bad. All I did was give another one. Why are you set in arguing about this?

Were we arguing? It wasn't my intent.

·
Registered
14,539 Posts
Ya, but the long baseplate isn't super common. Those king iris cages are THE BEST when it comes to bottle retention. THE BEST.

Have you tried them all? I haven't use the King cages but I have some carbon ones on my road bike that weigh less than nothing and hold bottles like vise grips. If I had a bunch of money to throw away I'd try them on my mtb.

·
mbtr member
6,494 Posts
You were very defensive. Re read your posts.

Anyway...
lol if i ever get defensive over water bottle cages... just put me out of my misery.

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Have you tried them all? I haven't use the King cages but I have some carbon ones on my road bike that weigh less than nothing and hold bottles like vise grips. If I had a bunch of money to throw away I'd try them on my mtb.
How about a link?

·
mbtr member
6,494 Posts
No, i haven't tried them all. Once i'd found THE BEST, why keep trying the alternatives?

·
Registered
14,539 Posts
No, i haven't tried them all. Once i'd found THE BEST, why keep trying the alternatives?

Maybe they are the best but you can't say that for sure. I've heard good things though and I'm sure they're really good.

How about a link?

I'm not sure exactly what they are, they came with my bike. Some Bontrager carbon model that grips bottles like they're glued on. Aside from cost it seems like a good application for carbon because it never loses its shape or tension.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts