Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newb and wanted to do some DH and be able to ride up some hills. I thought that I knew what I wanted but there are so many bikes to choose from I don't know where to even start. Here is where I am at. I have narrowed it down to a few bikes. :D
Norco
VPS Shore
Six
Santa Cruz
Bullit (6” or 7”)
VP-Free (8.5” Travel)
Kona
Stinky Dee-Lux
Scott
Nitrous 20
Nitrous SL 22
Titus
Super-moto
Giant
Faith 1 or 2
DH Comp
AC-1
Devinci
Ollie
8-Flat-8
If you could give me some info one just one or two of the bikes that might help me choose which one I would greatly appreciate it. I want a bike that will last for at least two years with minimal replacements. Don't want to buy more than the bike right at the start except maybe tires or grips. And don't expect to race any time soon. I live in SocCal but want to be able to go big in Mammoth, Brian Head, etc. without worrying about breaking anything except myself.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just frame

Does the Banshee sell just the frame only or a complete bike. If it is just the frame how much would it cost to finish the bike with quality parts (good shock maybe the Fox 40R?, the rest of the parts just need to get me home)? Otherwise it seems like a good bike.

·
Registered
649 Posts
wheelman said:
I have narrowed it down to a few bikes. :D
A few??
That's alot of frickin bikes dude!!!
Surely you can narrow it down a bit, i mean you must have a preference for at least 1 or 2 of them! Even if it is just down to looks.
Your budget must rule out the Titus, the VP-Free and maybe The Devinci as well. I'm not totally sure about US prices but i would have thought they would be way over 2large! Even if you did get them at discounted prices (you work at a shop right?), it doesn't seem likely that you could get these bikes complete in that price range. Good luck to you if you can!!

But you asked for advice so i will say from that list go for the SC Bullit.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Final choices are...

I think I have narrowed it down to these five bikes pretty much in the order in which I would buy first the
Dirtbag
Stinky Dee-Lux
Scream (nice one on ebay)
Faith 1
Bullit

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
wheelman said:
I think I have narrowed it down to these five bikes pretty much in the order in which I would buy first the
Dirtbag
Stinky Dee-Lux
Scream (nice one on ebay)
Faith 1
Bullit
i would get the faith. the banshee is a great bike, and it climbs okay for it's side. but that isn't really good compared to bikes like the VP Free. I would go with the faith or the stinky because they are a bit lighter.

·
Registered
819 Posts
dirbag is about 43 pounds. you should call kevin at transition. he'll help u buy the rite bike. you could get the Transition Preston too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.