Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im in need of a new bike and i like these two
06 gt chucker 1.0 - $489
06 gt ruckus 2.0 - $529

i ride pretty much everyday, street, trails, dj, and downhill
im 6.0", 220lbs.
my last bike was an 00 hardrock sport, and 6" drops with my weight, i bend the rims aot (hence the name), so i need good rims, my budget is $600, lbs only sells specialized mtb, more of a road shop, so i truned to online

right know im leaning towards ruckus, really only differace is the breaks

any other bikes recomindations would be helpful as wheel as other good online shops

and anybody have either of these bikes? reveiw?

thanks
grant

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Welcome to the fourms

Welcome to mtbr. Hopefully you'll get some good help from the fourms. Given the two bikes you're looking at, I'd get the Ruckus. While I can't find any info on the '06 Ruckus 2.0 hardtail (lots of stuff on the I-Drive Ruckus), based on the info on the GT website regarding the '07 models, I'd choose the Ruckus. If you're looking for reviews on the bike, check the reviews section of this site. In addition, i would go to the DJ/Urban and the DH/Freeride forums here on mtbr and see if anyone there has experience with either bike. My guess is that someone does, and if not, you'll get a ton of responses with recommendations.

Bob

·
Banned
240 Posts
rim bender 09 said:
so im in need of a new bike and i like these two
06 gt chucker 1.0 - $489
06 gt ruckus 2.0 - $529

i ride pretty much everyday, street, trails, dj, and downhill
im 6.0", 220lbs.
my last bike was an 00 hardrock sport, and 6" drops with my weight, i bend the rims aot (hence the name), so i need good rims, my budget is $600, lbs only sells specialized mtb, more of a road shop, so i truned to online

right know im leaning towards ruckus, really only differace is the breaks

any other bikes recomindations would be helpful as wheel as other good online shops

and anybody have either of these bikes? reveiw?

thanks
grant
Mind linking us to some specs/pics?

Off the top of my head some online bike sellers:

bikesdirect.com

Ibexbikes.com (look @ their Alpine series)

bicycleblowout.com

There's tons. Just some there

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Alpine won't cut it

MrKalentine said:
Ibexbikes.com (look @ their Alpine series)
The Alpine would be a nice choice if the OP were doing XC type riding. Adding in the Downhill and DJ riding and you're taking the bike into terrain it was never designed to handle.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.