Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about a $1500 budget, and I am looking for a single speed 29er. I will be riding mainly single track. I would prefer that is was fully built. Here is what I am looking at so far. Niner one9, Gary Fisher Rig, Redline flight, also the guy at the local bike shop has a Trek 69er the one with the maverick fork on it and he said he would sell that bike for $1200. Not real sure which way to go the Trek seems like a good deal but I haven't heard a whole lot about the 69er's. This will be my first 29er single speed. Let me know what you think, and thanks in advance for the recommendations.

·
Registered
375 Posts
More information would be nice. Do you really want a HT, or is a rigid more your style? Do you want a SS race bike, or something more like a trail bike? Do you prefer steel or aluminum?

Don't rule out the Kona, XXIX (belt drive now), or the older Haro Mary (which I really like.)

·
Registered
946 Posts
you might want to look in the MTBR classifieds, I seen a carbon Felt for like $1500.00
You could get a rigid 29er and then upgrade it as you go. +1 on the Haro Mary, I have an Ally for sale, I got it to see if I was going to like SS riding & I do but the Allys got to go and I'm going to make one of my Mamasitas into a SS bike for when I want one.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I vote for the Redline too. The fit of the bicycle is everything and the bling of a bicycle is nothing. The less you spend on a bike the more leeway you have to spend on replacement parts to get the bicycle perfect to your needs. For some people money is no concern and they can afford to spend any amount on a bicycle, but for most people there's roughly a budget for any new project and a bicycle is like a pair of shoes in the sense that if they don't fit exactly right they are often worse than no shoes at all. Many people will buy a bicycle and never use it because they never took the effort and expense to dial in every aspect of it achieve perfection of fit.

·
Registered
322 Posts
maybe this help you,,,,

Firewood said:
I have about a $1500 budget, and I am looking for a single speed 29er. I will be riding mainly single track. I would prefer that is was fully built. Here is what I am looking at so far. Niner one9, Gary Fisher Rig, Redline flight, also the guy at the local bike shop has a Trek 69er the one with the maverick fork on it and he said he would sell that bike for $1200. Not real sure which way to go the Trek seems like a good deal but I haven't heard a whole lot about the 69er's. This will be my first 29er single speed. Let me know what you think, and thanks in advance for the recommendations.
I spend 600 on the bike and around 450 in upgrade now i have a 29r with 28 pound with 10 speed carbon handlebar ,seat post hayes hidraulic 180 with remote lock up on the handelbar for the suspension

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
protsi said:
I spend 600 on the bike and around 450 in upgrade now i have a 29r with 28 pound with 10 speed carbon handlebar ,seat post hayes hidraulic 180 with remote lock up on the handelbar for the suspension
i believe is hard to beat with $1100 :cool: hope you like it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.