Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Out Of Control
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently researching FS bike for my next purchase. I ride mostly singletrack and will be doing some downhill events next season. Anyone have pros/cons on the bullit and or VP Free bikes?

Danks

·
Registered
12 Posts
jrok said:
I am currently researching FS bike for my next purchase. I ride mostly singletrack and will be doing some downhill events next season. Anyone have pros/cons on the bullit and or VP Free bikes?

Danks
Well, first off they are both great bikes. The VP-Free does have more rear travel than the Bullit...215mm while the Bullit has 178mm. I have heard a lot of people who ride both the VP-Free and the Bullit use the Bullit for XC/FR and the VP-Free for DH, simply due to the fact that pedaling up on the single track shows the VP-Free's ability to stick to the ground and transfer your power directly to the rear tire. It is also an awesome bike to climb with. The Bullit is not really designed to win a DH race, but will definitely do the trick. It is mailnly a FR monster. Since you mentioned riding mostly the singletrack and doing some DH events, I would definitely choose the VP-Free over the Bullit. The Bullit is a good all-around/FR bike that is extremely versatile.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.