Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have the roach rally FR and they ROCK

they fit really well and the elbows are a nice cupped design.
they stay in place and protect better than most armor

i have the rockgardn flak jacket, which i love, but i bought that specifically because its arm pads are detachable so i can use my raceface arm pads. (raceface/roach = same thing)

i tried the rockgardn arms of course but i don't like them as much
not as cupped an elbow and not as snug a fit

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
One more for the Roach

I would reccommend any arm protection to begin with, any is better than none.:rolleyes:

BUT... I do know that the Roach FR arm guards I have withstood the rigors of Snowshoe, WV with ease. The padding is excellent, and they fit really snug. The best part is when you are flying down the rockgarden (Ball -n- Jack) at 30MPH and the Roach FR stay right where you put them, there is no sliding down or movement of the pads.

That was my two cents. Get the Roach FR, and watch out for the Race Face ones. They are the exact same as the Roach, but sometimes cost more because they have "Race Face" printed on them. :nono:

·
Awesomist™
2,952 Posts
I just got a set of Fox Launch elbows, but haven't got a chance to use them yet. They're comfy though, just not sure how they'll perform while riding. Usually I'm rocking the Fox Launch suit, integrated arm/elbow/shoulder/chest/back is usually the only way to go for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.