Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This winter's project will be my first DH rig and I anticipate that its use will be solely NE gravity assisted parks (Diablo, Whiteface, etc.). Although I've made up my mind for the majority of the build, I'm totally undecided relative to which fork I should go with. That said, as all my other forks are air, I'm going with a coil on this one. My thoughts are:

-Fox 40 RC2
-Boxxer R2C2
-Marzz. 888 RC3 EVO V2

Any and all throughts and feedback are appreciated. If is matters, frame will be a Knolly Podium with a CCBD shock.

Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would definitely take the new 888 over the Boxxer r2c2 for plushness and maintenance interval since they are in the same price range. Fox got rid of the old 40 problems with their new fork (no more blown cartridge, better seals and Kashima coating) but at that price i would seriously consider a Manitou Dorado pro (bottomless feeling, very active and linear travel over the bumps since it got a high volume air spring, very easy maintenance), i love mine!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.