Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at these bikes below but am having travel confirming whether the 2008 or 2009 models have fender attach points. Anyone have these and can confirm whether they're good for fenders? I'm looking to buy new so responses on 2008 or 2009 models would be helpful. Thanks!

On One Inbred 29er - I asked Brant if the Inbreds he's expecting in January would have these and this is what he wrote back: "They will have a mudguard/rack eye on the dropout - the rest would be up to you." This doesn't sound promising and disappointing as it's my first choice bike. Would the 2007 models on Unreal Cycles have them?

Redline Monocog Flight - no clue

Surly Karate Monkey - believe this does take full fenders with stock fork. True?

Kona Unit 2-9 - I've been told it takes full fenders with the P2 fork. True?

Haro Mary - It doesn't appear to take them but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Felt Nine Solo

The Felt Nine Solo has fender eyelets on the dropouts... but nothing on the seatsays. There is a place on the seatstay bridge that would work with a zip-tie or a nut and bolt to attach a fender.

S

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stevereeneo said:
The Felt Nine Solo has fender eyelets on the dropouts... but nothing on the seatsays. There is a place on the seatstay bridge that would work with a zip-tie or a nut and bolt to attach a fender.

S
Looks great but I'm set on a steel frame. The seatstay bridge would work fine though for a fender mount. In my original post I was confusing rack mounts on seat stays with fender mounts...

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
CB2 - what kind of downtube guard is that - doesn't look like a crud catcher - though same concept.

I might get a set to toss in the truck for summer (i.e. rainy season in Miami) rides next year.

·
Frt Range, CO
2,576 Posts
Misfit diSSent has double rear dropout eyelets and threaded seat/chain stay bridges for fenders, no rack attachments on upper seat stays, disc only.

Older Motobecane outcast29 with fixed horizontal dropouts has fender and rack eyelets/rack attachemnts on upper seat stays, rear brake is v-brake, no disc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.