Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the 29er scene,and my bike shop carries trek,cannondale,and specialized. Im loolin to get a ht. Looking to get a carbon frame ,and spend 3500. Can anyone help,do I want a 2x10? Which bike is the lightest? Help

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Start by searching the forum. All your questions have been addressed in various threads.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Saw a cannondale flash 29er 1 today on a ride and it's sweet, I think they sticker for $2100 with fsa afterburner crank running 2x10 with x7 shifters and x9 rear der, was a 24# bike stock.
Go buy that one.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I liked the Cannondale but I couldn't live with that fork. I put my bike inside my vehicle times that the lefty fork was a deal breaker. I went with the Specialized Stumpjumper Expert carbon. Got a great deal on it too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm leaning towards the Flash 1 alloy...found an LBS offering a 20% discount on all bikes over $2,000, so $1,720 + tax. The new Lefty is apparently much easier to maintain and I do most of my own wrenching, so not an issue for me.

·
Registered
633 Posts
biker435 said:
Im new to the 29er scene,and my bike shop carries trek,cannondale,and specialized. Im loolin to get a ht. Looking to get a carbon frame ,and spend 3500. Can anyone help,do I want a 2x10? Which bike is the lightest? Help
The only way to decide is demo them.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I've seen several techs at local shops buying the new alum flash 29er, thats a good indicator to me that it must be decent for the money, or Canondale is giving them away to shop techs.

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
biker435 said:
Specialized, Trek and Cannondale all at the same LBS? Cool.

$3500 and carbon....these all meet your needs in terms of budget and carbon from those 3 big names:

Specialized Stumpjumper Expert 29er
Specialized Stumpjumper EVO R 29er
Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Carbon 29er
Fisher Superfly
Cannondale Flash Carbon 3

Toss a leg over whatever you can at the shop and try them out.

BB

·
Registered
298 Posts
Menzo said:
My pick... It's been a while since someone reply with that stupid answer :D :D :D
Strangely thats what I had in mind lol.

Cannondale.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts