Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MTBR Member
3,008 Posts
Go for the thru-axle if you can - you won't regret it. Flex from 29 forks can definately be felt with standard QR(for me atleast).

I only have experience with the Team 29 and it has been a great fork - I can't imagine the added price of XX is worth it - Maybe X-loc would be worth it. X-loc wouldn't be worth it for me(does X-loc have a compression adjust knob?) - I consider poploc/pushloc to be a downgrade since there is less adjustability(unless you have poploc adjust).

Back to team 29 - easy to work on like all RS forks, smooth, great on small bumps, uses full travel - solid fork all the way around.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The blackbox damping (shimmed) is a real step up from the standard motion control port orifice damper, which is only available on the team and xx models.

·
Come on, dare me!
539 Posts
I asked myself the same question and went for the Team, which is a bit lighter than the XX, due to its lack of remote control. If you don't plan on locking your fork very often (in which case the XLoc is a must), the Team seems to be a better choice. It is a bit more expensive than the XX (in Canada, at least), but the XLoc adds around 70 g and will clutter your cockpit a bit. So, if you don't need it...

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
So can anyone answer whether the Team damper is the same as the XX ?? Both are 'Blackbox' Motion control from what I can see. Aside from the remote, are they the same?

cheers

ncfisherman said:
I consider poploc/pushloc to be a downgrade since there is less adjustability(unless you have poploc adjust).
this is what I'm wondering... does the pushloc or X-loc or whatever it's called on the Reba XX 29 allow for compression adjustment, or is it just full on (locked) or full off and no in between ??

thnx

·
Formerly of Kent
13,095 Posts
MI_canuck said:
So can anyone answer whether the Team damper is the same as the XX ?? Both are 'Blackbox' Motion control from what I can see. Aside from the remote, are they the same?

cheers

this is what I'm wondering... does the pushloc or X-loc or whatever it's called on the Reba XX 29 allow for compression adjustment, or is it just full on (locked) or full off and no in between ??

thnx
No clue on the first part, but the X-Loc barrel adjuster (just like you'd find on a shifter) lets you set up compression along a wide range. When the fork is locked out, I can get between 10mm (full on) and 40-50mm (loose as possible) of travel. It also helps stiffen it up for low speed compression when not locked out. Pretty amazing design. I'm a fan of the XX forks.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
So looking at the X-loc... http://www.sram.com/node/223/brand/rockshox/src/cat

there's the Gate +/- adjustment (gold know)... is there a separate compression adjuster (can't really see one, unless the black plunger can itself be rotated for compression adjust?)

I just trying to get a feel for is spending an extra $80 for the Reba XX, do I loose any adjustments...

And per Rockshox, the Team has Blackbox Motion Control, while the XX has XX Motion Control... I wonder if they are really different of really just the same... ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.