Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Who is John Galt?
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to hit Bittersweet at Lake of the Ozarks this past week. Took the concrete pathway past Carl's looking for the arrow painted on the road or some sign of a trail. Finally found it but then after a hundred feet or so of grown up singletrack it disappeared behind the new fire house. I never found it again. Is the trail still alive? Hope so. Last time I rode it there was so much construction I feared for it -- but that was in the fall and I could find the trail where it was interrupted. Please tell me it's still alive.

·
mtbr member
26 Posts
I'd like to know as well. I am going camping at Lake of the Ozark on the last weekend of July and would like to know so I don't waste my time driving to the trailhead and have to go somewhere else.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Call the boys down at Ozark Outdoor and Cycles... They'll be able to fill you in with more info. Last I heard there was some residential construction that was threatening the trail system.

Patrick, even if you can't make it to Bittersweet, definently check out Honey Run and Four Winds. Both are great trail systems, Honey Run being the better of the two.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Easy fellas, park at Carl's parkinglot, take a right out of the lot, ride the sidewalk. Take the first right, (should be like 40 yds) and ride down the dirt road a ways, looking for the green electric box on your left, when you see the green electric box, cut into the woods and you'll hit singletrack in 20 ft or so. Take a right on the ST and your at the beginning of Quarter 1.

ER

·
Who is John Galt?
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's pretty much what I did -- the singletrack turned back toward the fire station construction zone and it disappeared behind it. I never could find it again. Have you moved the entrance a little further down the sidewalk? Maybe I just need a tour guide! Love that trail. By the way, how's trail conditions for say Saturday at the Lake?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I think your misunderstandin me Jim, the entrances off the sidewalk have been pretty much destroyed. You gotta take that BIG DIRT ROAD down next to the fire station all the way down and cut through the woods on the left, there's not even an entrance anymore you just gotta catch the ST down the way. If they have got it there too (haven't been there in a month), you can just ride down Bittersweet Road (road before Carl's) and look for singletrack off to the right of the Bike lane about 1/4 mile down. That's the entrance to the intersection between the 4 quarters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.