Votes: 15 45.5%
  • used on internet

Votes: 4 12.1%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
shaved yeti
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm a Local Bike Shop taking a serious look into Turner. I've never met a turner owner that didn't like his bike. Quality isn't the question....

thanks for participating!

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
It's super easy to become a dealer. Just call up Turner. My LBS in Kodiak became a dealer and sold me a frame for my GF (XCE). Not a huge market on an island of 8k people, I guess, since that is the only Turner to go through that shop. I may get my next one through him though. I got one (XCE) used off the classfieds here and one (5-Spot) through one of our friendly online small retailers who posts frequently.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
I wrote a local trail guide which I sell through my LBS. As a favor to the owner, I take my cut as an in-store credit instead of cash. That way he only has to pay me "half" of my portion (I pay retail, he is only out wholesale). I used that money towards the Turner frame which I paid msrp for, no added shipping, but with local sales tax. I have a bit of credit built up again so I hope Turner comes out with something painfully desireable soon ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
bonkey said:
I'm a Local Bike Shop taking a serious look into Turner. I've never met a turner owner that didn't like his bike. Quality isn't the question....

I got mine from Helen's Cycles in Santa Monica, CA

·
Daniel the Dog
6,761 Posts
I bought my on Ebay.

bonkey said:

A bit risky, but saved me almost $800.

Jaybo

·
Bon Vie
624 Posts
123bike

No Turner dealer in St. Louis :( , ordered my 5 Spot through 123bike :D . Took care of everything over the phone.

·
mad aussie
1,129 Posts
Rage

Rage cycles in Scottsdale, AZ, great funky little bike shop. Pete, Curley, Ben etc have really taken good care of me over the years. That is where my Highline is coming from......

KR

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
Larry @ Mtnhighcylery. When you say LBS, should should be clearer because even thought Larry is over 1000 miles away, he is my LBS. He can get me the parts faster and cheaper than most of the shops around hear since he has the stuff I usually need in stock.

·
Registered
510 Posts
bonkey said:

I got my Silver 5er from the tooth fairy! :)

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Ventanarama

is my preferred pusher of choice bits.

Pricing is good, but service even better.

Sean

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
I got mine from Yorktown Cycles in Westchester, NY. Great service, great ppl.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Lbs

bonkey said:

I got my Spot at Another Bike Shop in Santa Cruz, CA. They are great to work with. Great support, loaner shocks (comes in handy if you have a Romic) and advice.

Highly recommended.

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Bicycles Unlimited, St. George, UT

Sold me my 3 (my RFX and O2, wifes XCE).

·
Just Grin and HUCK it...
855 Posts
bonkey said:

Hmmm... there is no "other" category on this poll.

I bought mine from Turner directly :eek: (don't tell anyone). It was one of their fully equipped '03 demo bikes and happened to be set up perfectly for my size & weight.

Yeah, OK, it was one of those 'friend of a friend' deals that doesn't come around too often, but I'm sure glad it did!!! :D :D :D :D :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts