Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some funny names on this site, some normal ones..and some that just plain creep me out. Always have been curious to ask people how they thought of it, but didn't know how to ask. So this is my solution, a thread for people to explain how they got their name, what picture they use for their profile and why, and any other nonsense that may be remotely related.

For me, it just came naturally. I've been called Sasquatch, because of my height and early growth of chest and back hair (oh yeah, ladies :cool: ) and many other similar names (Yeti, BigFoot, Lumberjack, Paul Bunyan, Abomitable Snowman, Iron Mike, X-tra Big...the list goes on.) throughout my lifetime. It used to bother me, but now I want to hear what people call me, hoping to hear something new and funny. :thumbsup: And it wasn't hard to figure out what the rest of my name would be, because I only own singlespeed bikes. For those of you who recognized, my profile picture is not actually me, it is from the popular Jack Link's beef jerky commercials "Messin' with Sasquatch". Everytime those commercials come on someone yells "Hey, Mike's on TV!" so it just made sense to use that picture along with the name. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine may seem straight forward but has a funny back story. My name is Trevor and when I was in elementary school my grandma got me those pencils with your name engraved on them. Well when I received them for my birthday my name was misspelled. The company swithced the "e" and the "o" and I got pencils with the name Trover on them. It was a little traumatic at the time when I thought my grandma didn't even know my name! :) A few friends I still hang out with from that time still call me Trover.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
trover said:
Mine may seem straight forward but has a funny back story. My name is Trevor and when I was in elementary school my grandma got me those pencils with your name engraved on them. Well when I received them for my birthday my name was misspelled. The company swithced the "e" and the "o" and I got pencils with the name Trover on them. It was a little traumatic at the time when I thought my grandma didn't even know my name! :) A few friends I still hang out with from that time still call me Trover.
Lol- that's pretty funny. :p

If you guys haven't figured mine out yet, there's no hope for ya. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,320 Posts
Been e-biking lots lately with a badly tweaked ankle, so okay - I'll play..

Flyin'W: Does not imply being fast, on most downhills - I'm not. The name comes from doing an endo when seen from behind. When the rider (often me) is inverted going over the bars with feet splayed, the figure is that of a "W". And to see all 6'3" of me sailing into a streambed or other obstacle that caused me to stuff the front wheel, seems to be wildly entertaining to my riding buds..

The avatar, and moniker are apt as I enjoy nothing more than exploring, riding, and discovering new trails. Even if it turns out badly, it was still an adventure.

Life's far too short & serious, so I pursue happiness, and try to laugh at myself.
Asking what is the BEST bike is like choosing the girlfriend/boyfriend - - - it's the one that most often makes you want to ride.
Cheers,
FW

·
Registered
280 Posts
ding·us   
[ding-uhs]
-noun, plural -us·es. Informal .
a gadget, device, or object whose name is unknown or forgotten.

I have an epicly bad memory. I'm always forgetting things. So bad that 'Dingus' doesn't quite cover it, thus MightyDingus.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Back in 1998 I was a freshman in high school and setting up my very first email account with Yahoo. After trying many variations of my real name as a handle, I came to realize that there are one too many of ‘me’ out there who already have Yahoo accounts.

SO then I decided on “Bobby12many” (as in ‘Bobby one too many’ ) and it has stuck with me ever since. Multiple forums, websites, email accounts, etc. I have always Bobby12many since. MTBR being no exception.

Cheers!

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Username: Initials - same handle used on other forums.
Avatar: The rear suspension of my mountain bike.
Profile Picture: An old picure of me riding my mountain bike.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Location, location, location. And to legend in my own mind (melvinoelgreat) go back to trolling calguns or the ak forums .

·
Still using dork disk.
304 Posts
Ryan M. Ignatius

I am rmi03 on two motorcycling forums (Advrider and Ninja 250.org) as this was my school email address at the time of registering.

I always liked my avatar picture, which my wife took. Only recently realized that all the cool kids remove their dork disks. Oh well, uncool group again it seems.

Ryan

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rmi said:
Ryan M. Ignatius

I am rmi03 on two motorcycling forums (Advrider and Ninja 250.org) as this was my school email address at the time of registering.

I always liked my avatar picture picture, which my wife took. Only recently realized that all the cool kids remove their dork disks. Oh well, uncool group again it seems.

Ryan
I thought I was the only one who called them dork discs! :thumbsup: I'm not alone :D

1 - 20 of 293 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.