Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, it finally happened, Jordan is now a better technical rider than I. He finally passed up mom.

Can you tell me where and what trail he schooled me on?

Jordan above, tiggerider below:

And me, at least I can still get him on the uphills... For now.

Yep, the kids played hookie from school and we all went and played... Where were we?

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nat said:
Unmistakably National Trail. Muy celoso. I bet it was nicely warm too.
You kill all the fun of the contest, answering it so soon. But then, i'm still a proud mom, how many 14 year olds can ride the National? He walked the waterfall and maybe 2 or three other downhill moves. We will work on the climbing... Or maybe not, that way I can keep that superiority longer... ;)

And yes, it was wonderful riding in the 70 degree weather.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
screampint said:
You kill all the fun of the contest, answering it so soon. But then, i'm still a proud mom, how many 14 year olds can ride the National? He walked the waterfall and maybe 2 or three other downhill moves. We will work on the climbing... Or maybe not, that way I can keep that superiority longer... ;)

And yes, it was wonderful riding in the 70 degree weather.
How many people of any age can ride National? That's one tough trail. Did you guys ride up Mormon then head back down Nat'l?

·
beer thief
4,931 Posts

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nat said:
How many people of any age can ride National? That's one tough trail. Did you guys ride up Mormon then head back down Nat'l?
We rode down from the top, met up with tiggerrider and Bugaroo (maybe 2/3's of the way down), turned around, rode back up to the intersection just past the waterfall, and then all the way back down. Never touched the Mormon trail. The silver steed I'm riding in the pic is new, I'm still learning how to ride it. Far different from the rigid singlespeed I've been on for 2 years.

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
radair said:
Nice shots, Sarah. I don't think he has you beat just yet.

<EDIT>-edit- In looking at the pics I'm amazed how much he has grown. My boy is still a runt (don't know where he gets that).

That pic of you is art; really good.
I can still outclimb him with no problems, and endurance, well, he will have to work for that one! But he has me on the downhll ledgey stuff. I could use the new bike excuse, except that he has a new one, too...

He'll catch dad in height pretty soon. I think I need to start stacking books on both kids' heads; I can't afford the clothes.

Tiggerrider (Kevin) took the photo.

·
Rides with Scissors
619 Posts
screampint said:
You kill all the fun of the contest, answering it so soon. But then, i'm still a proud mom, how many 14 year olds can ride the National?
Strangely enough, I've been out there just once... back in 2000 or so (original AZSF), and I actually recognized the trail! I "borrowed" the picture of Tiggerrider to show some folks that technical riding can be done in toe clips. :rolleyes:

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
*rt* said:
hey! that bike has GEARS!!! what are you doing on a suspended gearie?!

i'm going to enter you into my world of sandbaggers.

looks like AZ to me......but what do i know? :D

rt
Yep, it has gears and boingy parts. It showed up homeless and alone on Christmas, I had to take it in...

I still expect to see the pink bike in Fruita, then we'll see who's sandbagging :thumbsup:

·
Registered
481 Posts
ejasonm said:
I used to live right near there and rode a few times a week there. now i live in NJ... sucks. there is no comparison.
Granted it's not like SM but NJ not that bad. Where have you ridden in NJ? There's a few really good spots to ride here & NY & PA aren't too shabby either. Where in NJ are you living?

Sorry did'nt mean to hijack the thread. I did love riding in AZ a few yrs ago, incredible riding & scenery.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.