Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
cant really think of any "cycling friendly pubs" As a general rule Arden bars are real dives.

There is a sports bar called refections in Arden. I never been in. Looks like a total dive.

There is a sports bar / steak place in the Arden walmart shopping center. Also never been in. Looks respectable but kinda what you would expect in a walmart shopping center.

Downtown Asheville is where are the hip places are. I don't get out much so I'm not sure what would be a good place to watch le tour. I guess any place that has a TV and is willing to turn the chanel for you.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Well, I hope you got to see yesterday's stage cause it trulely was awesome. Landis put on a performance for the ages putting 6+ minutes on the field on what was probably the hardest stage of the tour. They didnt let him go, he just went. As far as watching the rest of the tour Original Steakhouse on 25 in the Walmart shopping center is actually a pretty cool bar with a ton of huge tv's. I am sure they would put the tour on if you asked them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was awesome! myself, being a descending weeenie on the road bike, it was awe-inspiring to watch Landis throw caution to the wind and let it fly!!! trying to keep up with leTour at work but with the horrible internet connection (consant cutoffs) i am merely frustrated :madman:

may have to visit the steakhouse again tonight for some great service, overpriced salad, bucket o'beer, and le Tour on the biggest screen they have!!!!

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
When bucket o'beer is in the review It's got to be a keeper. Glad you found a cool place. Go Landis! I heard the guy walks with a limp cause his hip is all messed up. It's not quite like coming back from brain cancer but the limp thing adds to his mystique.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.