Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I did check this forum to see if this had been discussed before but found no definitive answers. I have a Reba SL 29er fork that leaks air from the positive chamber into the negative chamber. This means that the fork will end up compressing to almost 0" of travel by the end of a ride! I guess I need new O-rings or whatever you call them (the seals between the upper and lower air chambers).

Can anyone recommend a good place for servicing Rock Shox forks? I've heard mixed reviews for Hippie Tech, so I'm a little skeptical to send it there.

Thanks for any recommendations and suggestions. Much appreciated...

-G.

BTW, I live in New York City so a place in the Northeast would be ideal (though not critical).

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Go to your favorite LBS, have them send it back QBP, its one of the biggest parts distributers in the industry that has a killer suspension service center, good prices and fast turn around, they have full access to any small part and will even custom tune it for your weight and riding style

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I rode a REBA WC that was tuned by Hippie Tech, and it ws a lot smoother than my REBA race at the same pressures. I was surprised that the fork felt that different, since they are essentially the same fork.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Push industries is your best bet. I had one of those defective Reba's. It would subtley start shrinking and it shrunk me into an aspen tree running at a pretty good speed before I figured out what was going on. I sent it to r/s in chicago but now that Push is doing them that is a MUCH better choice. You will get a custom tune to boot just the way you want the fork to feel.
Hippie tech is ok, just ask them not to work on it on "mellow mondays".....just joking, don't know anything about them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.