Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my stash of singletrack in nambe is probably too snowy...so...where is it?

I'm in Sfe, so nothing too far away. How's white mesa these days? NFH?

Cochiti? Galisteo Basin Preserve?

anyone ride anything? been ski-touring a bit but it's still pretty damn bony.

·
Bandolero
1,566 Posts
Here in Albuquerque

the best choice is the South FootHills,NFH are a bit of a mess at the moment.not sure about White Mesa thou.
RCC

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
lacticacidbath said:
I think my stash of singletrack in nambe is probably too snowy...so...where is it?

I'm in Sfe, so nothing too far away. How's white mesa these days? NFH?

Cochiti? Galisteo Basin Preserve?

anyone ride anything? been ski-touring a bit but it's still pretty damn bony.
We've got a ride planned later today. You are welcome to join. Going to be doing a bit of improvement and some "relocation" then a short loop. Redemption on A-line?

·
Thread Pollution
1,734 Posts
rode Nambe yesterday,all good except the backside aka the arroyo ,seemed alittle too deep.I suggest Cerrilloos hills,Galisteo preserve ,Hidden canyon {Rowe Mesa} or drive an hour south.Or something totallt diff. Maybe trail 7a out in the Caja,but thats a big maybe.

·
Stucco Bucket
1,920 Posts
Im probably doing White Mesa today. Im sure it will be typically windy. Im riding solo so if anyone's up for a ride.
Where do you SFHiller's put in? I hagvent ridden south since 2001. I only do north from Embudo.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did end up riding out in Nambe today. It was a good combo of snow (packed), mud, and good solid dirt.

I was out in the middle of the afternoon and it was a little wet in places. Go in the AM when it's still frozen and I'll bet it'll be great. The trail was 100% rideable.

·
Registered
215 Posts
kdjose said:
Is galisteo preserve clear?
Yesterday I rode part of the rail trail and some side trails. The rail trail was very ridable because of the amount of foot traffic and width of the trail allows for more sunlight and melting. (Still boring, though.) All the side trails I did had 2-4" of snow on them, especially anything that is shaded or channeled by horses or traffic. Galisteo Preserve will definitely have snow, but is probably ridable if you don't mind grinding through some snow and hiking parts of the climbs that are ridable when dry.

·
Is the bike OK?
979 Posts
Thanks, I think I'll head down there this morning while it's still frozen. I'll probably leave Los Alamos between 8 and 9 am, start riding between 9 and 10 am. If anyone else is interested give me a call at 662-1461.

The only trail I know down there is the one that goes west from the parking lot that's about half way between Nambe and the Chimayo turn off on 503. I know there's trails to the east but have never explored them. Which trail did you ride?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^^
I've been riding the same area, but from CR 113, which is one of the roads off the Nambe road. It gets you on the same trail, but at the other end of the loop. It's a bit shorter of a drive, and I like the little spur section of trail the TH is on.
I've ridden on the E side of 503 only once, and only for about a mile. doubletrack and dirt road, but still fun, and more sustained climbing. supposedly singletrack up to those radio towers, but haven't been that far yet.
I may ride there Tues or Weds morning, especially as El Nino seems to be La Nada for now.

sick bike, btw. that's the new enduro?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
when you go by the church in Nambe look for a road marked CR 113 and has a "no outlet" ("dead end"?) sign. Also a few speedbumps. It's paved and will dead end at a little traihead. Follow your nose from there.

let me know if you can ride on tues (tomorrow) as that's looking the most likely for me.

·
Is the bike OK?
979 Posts
lacticacidbath said:
when you go by the church in Nambe look for a road marked CR 113 and has a "no outlet" ("dead end"?) sign. Also a few speedbumps. It's paved and will dead end at a little traihead. Follow your nose from there.

let me know if you can ride on tues (tomorrow) as that's looking the most likely for me.
Thanks for the directions. I'll probably be working every morning this week.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Rode NFH with Calhoun yesterday...ugh
Im a wussy!!! Calhoun rocked the trail!!! His new RIP is really working for him.
The flu bug kicked my ass this past week. I ended up walking up PINON and crashed on the DH before the rock garden...I slithered home like a cowardly snake on trails 305 and 365.
The NFH grooming report...pp/mud/ice....
You can easily follow my path it looks very similiar to a snails only with foot prints.

·
High Alpine Adventure
1,842 Posts
nealpederson said:
Thanks & yeah it's an Enduro. It kicks a$$, descends like my DH bike but the carbon frame climbs like nothin :D
Thanks Neal, as if I don't have enough "Bike Envy"... I demo-ed one a couple weeks back and really liked it. Wasn't an S-Works but still pretty sweet. A little more plush than my 07 Enduro SL with better small bump sensitivity...

Luck you... :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.