Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to go on Friday, Schaeffer is closed (and has been muddy for a while). Where is the best place close to schaeffer that will have acceptable conditions? I'm assuming Seneca will be muddy. How about Black Hill? Any other recommendations in the area?

Thanks.

·
Weiner Dog Connoiseur
1,013 Posts
Black Hills will usually have the best conditions of the local cluster of trails (Schaeffer, Little Bennett, Hoyles Mill, Seneca Creek State Park, Seneca Greenway/Lower Magruder), assuming you stay on the south side of the park road (i.e. Hard Rock Trail). The north side (Cabin Branch) is lower and muddier. I think conditions may not be conducive to trail riding unless you go out early while the ground is still frozen. Temps are supposed to reach the high 40s by the afternoon, which will turn the trails into quagmire.

I won't be getting out until the afternoon, so I'm putting my slick tires on and sticking to the roads.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
jmcgonig said:
Want to go on Friday, Schaeffer is closed (and has been muddy for a while). Where is the best place close to schaeffer that will have acceptable conditions? I'm assuming Seneca will be muddy. How about Black Hill? Any other recommendations in the area?

Thanks.
How about Gambrils?? That's where I'm planning to head. Good drainage and LOTS of rocks! :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Road Ride

I plan on hitting the BWI trail loop which is 11 miles of paved trail. I hear the temps are to get into the 50's( will see ). I'll hit that loop maybe twice on a road bike. I just don't feel like dealing with the so so off road trail conditions at this time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.