Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sofa King We Todd Did
Joined
·
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be visiting my in-laws in Carneys Point, down by Exit 1 on the NJ Turnpike. I've never ridden in NJ before. I've googled but not been able to find anything in the vicinity. Any leads to offer?

Thanks a mil.
 

·
danger! danger!
Joined
·
242 Posts
SpinWheelz said:
I'll be visiting my in-laws in Carneys Point, down by Exit 1 on the NJ Turnpike. I've never ridden in NJ before. I've googled but not been able to find anything in the vicinity. Any leads to offer?

Thanks a mil.
That's firmly in Jersey Action Rider territory. I don't have a website but I'm sure if you contact them they could hook you up. They always have rides in that part of the world.

Good Luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
jerseyjoey said:
That's firmly in Jersey Action Rider territory. I don't have a website but I'm sure if you contact them they could hook you up. They always have rides in that part of the world.

Good Luck!
I'm in South Jersey. I hate to tell you but it's pretty flat down here.... :rolleyes: However, JAR goes out every weekend to Maryland, Delaware and Pennsylvania for rides, all within an hour or so drive. If you're looking for "typical" South Jersey riding Parvin State Park has some nice, flat, sandy trails and I believe Belleplain has some also. I rode Parvin in the snow and ice and it was fun. We locals also visit Camden and Gloucester County Colleges where there are some great trails. Gloucester has some quick steep climbs and can be very muddy after rain. Camden has nice rolling track with some ups and downs. If you're around during the week we ride Tuesday nights at 6:30 at one of the colleges with the Action Wheels Bike Shop. You're welcome to join us!!

jerseyactionriders.org and actionwheels.com are the websites for more info :cool:
 

·
Sofa King We Todd Did
Joined
·
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much for the leads, SueB and jerseyjoey. Having perused the links, it looks like some of these rides may be more involved than what I can manage this weekend - I'm merely popping down for an overnight trip, driving down tonight, coming back tomorrow so that I can join some friends up at Blue Mountain on Sunday.

That being said, seeing that there IS a decent scene for riding down there from your responses and the links, visiting my in-laws is starting to look less painful! When I do make it down for a few days and not just a quick overnight trip, I'll be sure to look you guys up. That is, if you guys can put up with a newbie - I've only been riding for 3 months or so and am desperately trying to get better.

Thanks again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
SpinWheelz said:
Thank you so much for the leads, SueB and jerseyjoey. Having perused the links, it looks like some of these rides may be more involved than what I can manage this weekend - I'm merely popping down for an overnight trip, driving down tonight, coming back tomorrow so that I can join some friends up at Blue Mountain on Sunday.

That being said, seeing that there IS a decent scene for riding down there from your responses and the links, visiting my in-laws is starting to look less painful! When I do make it down for a few days and not just a quick overnight trip, I'll be sure to look you guys up. That is, if you guys can put up with a newbie - I've only been riding for 3 months or so and am desperately trying to get better.

Thanks again!
np, I'm a newbie also, five months riding, though I've ridden many of the "intermediate" trails. I'm always looking for someone to ride with, so do look me up!
 

·
danger! danger!
Joined
·
242 Posts
SpinWheelz said:
Thank you so much for the leads, SueB and jerseyjoey. Having perused the links, it looks like some of these rides may be more involved than what I can manage this weekend - I'm merely popping down for an overnight trip, driving down tonight, coming back tomorrow so that I can join some friends up at Blue Mountain on Sunday.

That being said, seeing that there IS a decent scene for riding down there from your responses and the links, visiting my in-laws is starting to look less painful! When I do make it down for a few days and not just a quick overnight trip, I'll be sure to look you guys up. That is, if you guys can put up with a newbie - I've only been riding for 3 months or so and am desperately trying to get better.

Thanks again!
Good luck and thanks for the future invite, but unfortunately(?) I don't live in Southern NJ; I'll probably be at Blue tomorrow :) .
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top