Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am getting back into riding again, and I want to get a new bike. See I live in northgate and ride use to ride the santa fe trail ocasionally, I would usually ride 25 miles. But thing is it was really boring. I wanna get into DH riding and would like know of any DH riding areas around COS. But thing is I wanna be able to ride some trails like captian jacks, and santa fe trail so I dont know what bike to get. Should I get a all out DH bike our a mix of some sort? Because I am not sure how many if any DH trails are in the surronding areas of COS.

Thanks

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
crf59jk said:
Hey guys I am getting back into riding again, and I want to get a new bike. See I live in northgate and ride use to ride the santa fe trail ocasionally, I would usually ride 25 miles. But thing is it was really boring. I wanna get into DH riding and would like know of any DH riding areas around COS. But thing is I wanna be able to ride some trails like captian jacks, and santa fe trail so I dont know what bike to get. Should I get a all out DH bike our a mix of some sort? Because I am not sure how many if any DH trails are in the surronding areas of COS.

Thanks
You would probably be happy with an all mtn or freeride type rig, tons of options out there. There's some fun DH type trails in the canyon, and some nice technical trails at Palmer, I've seen all kinds of bikes on these rides. You can hookup with our group sometime if you like and we can show you some stuff once the snow is gone, we ride Palmer all winter depending on cond's, upper canyon is closed till June probably.

Sante Fe is definitely boring on any kind of a MB, I bought a cross bike a few years back and it's completely different and A LOT more fun on that bike, you can haul butt with the skinny tires, plus it's light and rigid.

Get one of each! Cross bikes can be had for cheap if you go low end or used, and they help build your fitness and allow you to ride when the trails are closed. Good luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have a Trek 3900 that I use for XC, I also have a Pro Flex 756, but broke the back shock and that piece is hard to find. Is Palmer Park mostly expert trails?

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
crf59jk said:
Well I have a Trek 3900 that I use for XC, I also have a Pro Flex 756, but broke the back shock and that piece is hard to find. Is Palmer Park mostly expert trails?
Different levels of trail, some are "expert" level I would say, others are pretty tame, go check it out when the snow melts some.

Both your bikes are XC type bikes, the bigger travel rigs are very different, heavier, don't climb as well, slacker angles, meant to smooth out rougher trails and go faster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.