Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be in town from Utah next weekend and was hoping to do the Stottlemeyer Race at Port Gamble on May 10th. I'd bring my bike but I don't have a case to take it on the plane... Are there any shops around the greater Seattle area that rent out somewhat decent XC bikes?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I had my bike down at the peak of the season last year and simply couldn't go without. Not many seem to rent around here. Took a bit of time but I found a place in Sammamish ~15 miles East of Seattle: Pacific Bike and Ski ? Bikes, Skis, Snowboards, and Tuning Services. They have both Specialized and Cannondale rentals (I ended up with a Cannondale Trigger though not exactly a XC race bike; they had a number of Stumpjumpers though).

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
it will be tough to find a quality "XC race" bike for rent. Most rentals seem to be low level bikes. That's one thing that seems to be lacking in this area, is good rentals.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah it's starting to look like I won't do that race. I guess I'm too high maintenance.

Bikes would need to be tubeless at a minimum....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
borrow a case or double box some bike shipping cases. It's a fun race. You could probably ship your bike cheaper then renting and certainly cheaper than flying with it

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn, you guys are tempting me again... I don't know about shipping it. Can't really afford to be off the bike for that long. Since I also do the midweek race series here, too.

I'm 5'10". So I'm at the weird height that's between medium and large depending on the bike.

Current rig is a Large carbon Scott scale 29er. But I could probably ride the medium.

It's a stretch but if anyone else on an off chance has a raceable bike (preferably a 29er) that they'd let me ride I can definitely throw cash their way instead of at a bike shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts