Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to purchase a set of velocity synergy rims. So I am thinking that QBP will certainly have them. I am a teacher and a part time wrench in the summers for an LBS, so I am in the shop a couple of days ago and it seems like QBP carries every variety of velocity rim known to man but the synergy. I noticed that mike at oddsandendos (bought spokes from him today thanks for the tip all) built wheels with synergy rims but he doesn't sell them.

Who distributes these things. I would prefer to order them from my shop but order from what distributor? (didn't buy the spokes there cause they don't keep the DB's in stock)

Any ideas? I have found a couple of sources online but would rather not pay $70 per

·
Registered
46 Posts
Same place you bought your spokes

Odd and Endos. Mike used to carry Velocity, and I think he still does.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Buy them from Velocity.

darkmatter said:
I would like to purchase a set of velocity synergy rims. So I am thinking that QBP will certainly have them. I am a teacher and a part time wrench in the summers for an LBS, so I am in the shop a couple of days ago and it seems like QBP carries every variety of velocity rim known to man but the synergy. I noticed that mike at oddsandendos (bought spokes from him today thanks for the tip all) built wheels with synergy rims but he doesn't sell them.

Who distributes these things. I would prefer to order them from my shop but order from what distributor? (didn't buy the spokes there cause they don't keep the DB's in stock)

Any ideas? I have found a couple of sources online but would rather not pay $70 per
Dude you work in a shop. Buy them from Velocity, real nice people. 1-800-453-6126 www.velocityusa.com. What shop do you work at?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mtnpedaler.com said:
Dude you work in a shop. Buy them from Velocity, real nice people. 1-800-453-6126 www.velocityusa.com. What shop do you work at?
The name is Extreme wheels (lame name I know). Trek, Gary Fisher, lemond. . . Coucil Bluffs Iowa. I've only been a wrench for one summer season, this will be my second. I will look into it though. Thanks man

·
Registered
261 Posts
darkmatter said:
The name is Extreme wheels (lame name I know). Trek, Gary Fisher, lemond. . . Coucil Bluffs Iowa. I've only been a wrench for one summer season, this will be my second. I will look into it though. Thanks man
I love working at a shop. City Bicyle Works, Sacramento, Ca. Trek, LeMond, Cannondale, Specialized. Been there off and on for 6 years.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I agree......

mtnpedaler.com said:
I have built a few wheelsets made from Velocity rims....all Pro-dealed direct from Velocity. Great prices and they build up great as well.
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.