Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
potential winter project... :D

where can i have a steel frame painted (or powdercoated) locally?

anyone? (bonus points for first-hand recommendations... extra-bonus points for estimates of what something like this costs, give or take). ;)

thanks in advance.

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
I'll second the Spectrum recommendation, absolutely top notch work. Not cheap, but in my opinion they're actually quite reasonable considering the quality of work they do.

Larry Mettler
Mountain High Cyclery

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Spectrum is the best

My Fluid still looks great after almost 8 years of abusing the powder coat. It has held up much better than the powder coated Santa Cruzes I've owned. Spectrum's detail work is second to none. I have no idea how much a basic coat would run you, but depending on how fancy you want it, the sky is basically the limit. They truely produce works of art. Give them an email for a quote at least. You never know--maybe they will hook you up if you're flexible.

Here's a shot of my Fluid on one of the first rides but the picture is ancient and doesn't do the detail justice.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Spectrum!

My MTB with the 4 color fade with ghost flames that Spectrum did was so beautiful I used to bring it into the living room and watch it instead of TV.

If you think you're going to have this bike for awhile I would recommend spending a little extra to have Spectrum do the work.

You can go to the local auto store to choose your paint colors and your imagination is the limit on what you can do. Check out their website for lots of cool pics.

Jennifer Brooks
The Cycologist
www.thecyologist.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts