Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in hearing of good mtb destinations in late December. The criteria is that we will be traveleling from NorCal (by air or car) and want to go to some place in the western United States.

What are has great riuding and decent weather in this time of year? Thanks.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,208 Posts
stripes said:
During late December, it might be difficult. But it looks like we're having a dry winter so far.

For winter riding, try anywhere in Santa Cruz (Wilder Ranch, the Demo, or UCSC). This was recommended to me as much of the trails on the Penninsula tend to be very muddy at that time.

I'm not sure how Skeggs holds up, but hopefully it's ridable at that time of year. This is the first season I'm doing any winter riding in a few years, and I haven't done any winter riding in the Bay Area in years.
Rockville in Fairfield holds up very well when it rains. In the Peninsula, quite a few trails get closed after it rains.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Other locals

memine said:
I am interested in hearing of good mtb destinations in late December. The criteria is that we will be traveleling from NorCal (by air or car) and want to go to some place in the western United States.

FYI, I am looking for destinations other than NorCal (which is where I live) , thanks.

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
5,094 Posts
Australia/ Hawaii?

memine said:

I guess you don't have enough information. It all depends on the budget. By car maybe look at Arizona/ Nevada, maybe even Southern CA, lots of desert down there.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Vegas has a downhill park as well as regular trails. I would recommend Vegas. Get on the Nevada board and start asking for trail locations. Make sure you check out red rock canyon.

·
Medium?
6,726 Posts
You could ride three days in vegas no problem If you want to go for five days you'd have to add something. Gooseberry Mesa is 2 hours away, but cold and maybe snowy. Phoenix is a bit further, but warm. Lots of riding there too. If you skipped Vegas and went to Phoenix and Tuscon you could ride for five days straight easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts