Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
skilldest©
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for suggestions on where to take my wheels. They are not taco'd just not ridable in the current condition. Looking for current info on places you would recommend or not recommend. I live in 'tukee area. Cactus would be a no-brainer but I am not sure what is going on there.
Thanks.

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
word is that Fish (from Cactus) is doing work privately right now. i dunno how often he is on MTBR, but it think he's like Fish420. i'm sure someone here can get you his contact info...

Rage in S. Scottsdale is my other recommendation.

·
How much further ???
2,371 Posts
If my wife wasnt about to go into labor at any moment Id offer to true it up for you free of charge. Im out in East Mesa though.

·
skilldest©
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@DurtGurl - will be banging it on at a friends but just in case too much beer or a squirrel shows up and get distracted will need a shop as back up. SMC (where bought my bike) will probably where I go if I have to...it is just accross R. Circle N.

@chollaball - pm'd fish. I know how to get to his house...on that street with the funny name but don't have his number.

@Douger-1 - Thanks man but take care of your wife and that new tax credit.

·
Ahhh the pain....
2,566 Posts
No one mentioned Dave at Speeddream in Ftn Hills....I've had him true up a few wheels for me, both that were built by someone else. He commented on them after the fact that he felt they were over tensioned and adjusted the tension on all spokes. They've been bullet-proof following his work.
That experience alone alone will make me a repeat customer for both truing and well as my next wheelset... the guy does great work.

·
Registered
293 Posts
no one mentioned dave at speeddream in ftn hills....i've had him true up a few wheels for me, both that were built by someone else. He commented on them after the fact that he felt they were over tensioned and adjusted the tension on all spokes. They've been bullet-proof following his work.
That experience alone alone will make me a repeat customer for both truing and well as my next wheelset... The guy does great work.
++1

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just make sure, if you have loose spokes, that everything it tight when you get it back.

Before I learned to build my own wheels, I took one wheel to two bikes shops that true'd the wheel, only to find that it really needed to be rebuilt and have the spokes retensioned. After 50 miles or so on the wheel after having the shops "true" it, it would be out of true again, which will happen if the spoke tensions are not correct. The good news for me was the experience induced me to invest in the tools and know-how to build/true my own wheels. It isn't that hard, just requires patience to learn.

·
skilldest©
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just make sure, if you have loose spokes, that everything it tight when you get it back.

Before I learned to build my own wheels, I took one wheel to two bikes shops that true'd the wheel, only to find that it really needed to be rebuilt and have the spokes retensioned. After 50 miles or so on the wheel after having the shops "true" it, it would be out of true again, which will happen if the spoke tensions are not correct. The good news for me was the experience induced me to invest in the tools and know-how to build/true my own wheels. It isn't that hard, just requires patience to learn.
Posh was the tension testor...great :eek:

·
bland
1,294 Posts

,,,Go to someone that has one of these and knows how to use it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.