Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
I hear that pet stores are great sources of big syringes. A hospital, clinic.

_MK

·
Registered
868 Posts
ned13b said:
I need a syringe to measure and squirt some oil into my forks. Where could I get one of them?

-Nathan
I got one that is used for measuring RC airplane fuel at a hobby shop... It is large enough to fill a whole fork at one time but still seems to be accurate enough. It is just a giant syringe with a hose connected to it and it is graduated in ML and CC.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
Mix Mizer

You can get a 60cc Mix Mizer syringe at your local auto parts, Ace, or WalMart. It's for mixing 2 cycle oil with gas. You'll find it next to the gas cans.

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
I got a huge one, like 200cc from the kitchen utensil section of walmart, said it was for injecting crap into turkey's. Cost $3. Picked up a couple and use them to bleed my brakes too.

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
mtnbiker1973 said:
I got mine at a local convalescent supply store. It's like 60 or 80 cc i think.
bingo! that's where I've found them too.

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
cdub said:
you can always get one from enduro seals website
You probably have to order ten at once, at least enduro is doing something similer with their seals now to us dealers (making us order a bunch when we just want one).

·
otb club member
3,080 Posts
Not.

Jm. said:
You probably have to order ten at once, at least enduro is doing something similer with their seals now to us dealers (making us order a bunch when we just want one).
Of course anyone can order one oil syringe or one seal kit, including dealers. Minimums only apply to dealers who want the wholesale discount and they only have to order a minimum of 5 seal kits to get it. Not only that, it's mix and match any kits. You really think that's unreasonable?

As for the MixMizers, there are many places to buy them cheaper than our site, but they are there for a matter of convenience. There's no extra shipping to add one and it saves you a trip to the store if you are ordering a seal kit anyway.

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
Chris2fur said:
Of course anyone can order one oil syringe or one seal kit, including dealers. Minimums only apply to dealers who want the wholesale discount and they only have to order a minimum of 5 seal kits to get it. Not only that, it's mix and match any kits. You really think that's unreasonable?
Yes, I think it's a bad business practice and will drive away dealer customers. As much a few people like to work on their own forks, I don't think it helps to be pressuring the dealers to order more. As the fox seals get better (and marz has always been pretty great) you'll find more dealers turn to to the OEM seals because they can call up fox, or marz, and get a seal kit.

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
Jm. said:
Yes, I think it's a bad business practice and will drive away dealer customers. As much a few people like to work on their own forks, I don't think it helps to be pressuring the dealers to order more. As the fox seals get better (and marz has always been pretty great) you'll find more dealers turn to to the OEM seals because they can call up fox, or marz, and get a seal kit.
How is it bad business? No one is being forced to buy more, it's an incentive. No matter what industry you're in, just about any vendor offers discount incentives on bulk orders, the more you order the bigger the incentive.

When my shop buys more than $30,000 of K2 ski and snowboard product, we get a 17% discount off wholesale. If we only ordered 10,000, we'd get a 5% disc. Those that don't offer an incentive are the ones practicing bad business.

·
Registered
11,762 Posts
I use a turkey baster

ned13b said:
I need a syringe to measure and squirt some oil into my forks. Where could I get one of them?

-Nathan
With a measurement for cc's. Otherwise a marine hardware store like West marine carrys um for paint, epoxy mixing..

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.