Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 04 super t and my 203mm avid adapter wont work. its like i need a washer or something.
Hence the reason for this question.
Where does one go about getting one of these that will work?

Will a hayes work for it or not?
Anyways thanx for your help.

Good Dirt

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok

Padre said:
I heard the hayes will work.
See if your LBS will let you swap.
There is a DH spacing specific adapter tho?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
get a brake adapter AT YOUR LOCAL LBS, break in your fork and ride it some before babbling here about rebound, quit posting multiple threads about the same fork, learn to use the search feature here, post beginner fork questions in the shocks forum, etc, etc, etc.

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok but

dream4est said:
get a brake adapter AT YOUR LOCAL LBS, break in your fork and ride it some before babbling here about rebound, quit posting multiple threads about the same fork, learn to use the search feature here, post beginner fork questions in the shocks forum, etc, etc, etc.
local lbs is reduntant......the l in the lbs stands for local.....

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
The Dude said:
local lbs is reduntant...
so is the fact you have two threads going for problems with the same fork. sense the irony? tomorrow go to your local perfomance bike shop and show them your adapter issue. they have the parts you need. if no peformance try anther big box shop. but dont waste time here on basic adapter issues your lbs can solve in twenty seconds.

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there is no DH/FR scene in the shops here...

dream4est said:
so is the fact you have two threads going for problems with the same fork. sense the irony? tomorrow go to your local perfomance bike shop and show them your adapter issue. they have the parts you need. if no peformance try anther big box shop. but dont waste time here on basic adapter issues your lbs can solve in twenty seconds.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Super T

Where did you get the fork? I'm sure whoever sold it to you would be happy to answer your questions or help you out if you need parts (unless you got it used I guess....)

·
Registered
9,368 Posts
Whatever !

dream4est said:
These forums are set up as a Q & A outlet. If you have a problem w/ someones questions move on , not everyone is so informed as you are. I see your answer is passing the buck ( to the LBS) w/ attitude - save it.

I have installed both Avid mech's & Hayes HMX 1's on a Z1 FR QR 20 and an 02' Super T pro - both required that I spaced out the caliper mounting brackets w/ washers so the inboard pad had enough clearance.

Do check the oil level in your Super T - Marzocchi has owners manuals on their website.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
keen said:
These forums are set up as a Q & A outlet. If you have a problem w/ someones questions move on , not everyone is so informed as you are. I see your answer is passing the buck ( to the LBS) w/ attitude - save it.

I have installed both Avid mech's & Hayes HMX 1's on a Z1 FR QR 20 and an 02' Super T pro - both required that I spaced out the caliper mounting brackets w/ washers so the inboard pad had enough clearance.

Do check the oil level in your Super T - Marzocchi has owners manuals on their website.
duh thats why marzocchi gives you the spacers with the fork (for the adapter issues). cmon man let me mess with him alittle. look he said the only shops around are not into the freeride scene. am i not the only one laughing at that? this guy cant take a bicycle into a bike store and ask a brake question because the stores are not into "freeride"? marzocchi gives the sapcers with the fork for a few reasons but mainly because a bunch of washers is not as strong and weak spots at the brake bolts is a no-no. post a question here when a friend or mechanic cannot help you, not just for every simple thing in the "freeride" world. im still laughing at that shhit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts