Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The soles of my Dominator 5's are getting pretty hammered. I was told when I bought them that all parts are replaceable. Can you replace the whole underside of the shoe or just the cleats/tread?

·
Banned
19 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
The soles of my Dominator 5's are getting pretty hammered. I was told when I bought them that all parts are replaceable. Can you replace the whole underside of the shoe or just the cleats/tread?
I have the old Dominator 5 (great shoes BTW) as well and the soles are not replaceable. Sidi did produce a variant that was a SRS (sole replacement system) model but the standard version is only buckles and toe spikes.

Sent from the singletrack...

·
Banned
19 Posts
If everybody did a Google search before posting, what good would MTBR be?
I think you would find less easily answered shopping questions and more discussions about riding experiences.

Your inane question assumes that every topic of discussion requires an answer and that all answers are available via Google.

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,900 Posts

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
I think you would find less easily answered shopping questions and more discussions about riding experiences.
Personally, I enjoy reading both shopping and riding experiences. If it does not apply to me, I usually pass it by.

Your inane question assumes that every topic of discussion requires an answer and that all answers are available via Google.
My question assumes nothing, but if every question cannot be answer by Google, why did you point him in that direction?

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
I had a pair of work boots with smooth soles- I took them to a shoe guy and he replaced the soles with a hiking-type sole.

If you have a cobbler near you it wouldn't hurt to take the Sidis in to see if they can work some magic. Can't be any more expensive than a new pair, right?

·
Banned
19 Posts
Personally, I enjoy reading both shopping and riding experiences. If it does not apply to me, I usually pass it by.
Awesome!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

My question assumes nothing, but if every question cannot be answer by Google, why did you point him in that direction?
I pointed him to Google because his specific question is answered by a simple Google search.

Why do you find that difficult to understand?

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,900 Posts
I had a pair of work boots with smooth soles- I took them to a shoe guy and he replaced the soles with a hiking-type sole.

If you have a cobbler near you it wouldn't hurt to take the Sidis in to see if they can work some magic. Can't be any more expensive than a new pair, right?
Were they like these?

Footwear Brown Product Orange Tan

·
CEO Product Failure
2,194 Posts
My understanding is Sidi Dominators do not have replaceable soles. The 2019’s do have a replaceable toe-tread.

The Sidi Dragons (a little more $$$ than the Dom’s) do have replaceable treads. These could be what the sales person was thinking of.

·
Sneaker man
3,671 Posts
^yes, I have some Dragon 3 and Eagle 6's that have the SRS replaceable sole, currently the Tiger, Drako and Dragon have that, I don't think the Dominator ever did. You can replace all the buckles and ratchets and dials, but not the sole on those.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.