Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I seem to be having a tough time sourcing some Schwalbe and Conti tires. My trusted Little Albert blew a sidewall last weekend and I need to replace it. Being the gear head that I am, I thought I would try something else.
I really like the traction of the Little Albert, as it kind of work on everything, from loose to hardpack to decent in mud. Living in the Front Range of the Rockies, I can encounter everything from scree to rock to roots to hardpack and I need a tire that can do it all both in dry and wet conditions. The Little Albert seems to be the ticket, but I have been reading about the Nobby Nic that rolls faster for just a little bit less traction. I ride is fairly rocky areas, so snakeskin is kind of "have-tohave", but I just don't seem to be able to find it.
For the front tire, I have had some issues with my 2.35 Stick-E Nev, so I was looking at something else. I also have the Weirwolf LT, which is awesome is dry conditions, but I don't find it so great in the wet, hence why I was looking at something else. I was thinking either the Continental Rubber Queen or the Schwalbe Fat Albert Front Only. I don't seem to be able to find an online store that has stock of both. Even eBay is coming up short, so I was wondering if you knew of a good reliable online store for German brand, or is there just shortage right now?

Thanks a lot in advance.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
If your profile is correct and you live in Calgary (like me),
last time I was in Bow Cycle they had some Conti and Schwalbe MTB tires in stock, so you might check there.
I got an MK SS 2.4 on sale for $40, but most of the others are regular price.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My profile is correct, but Bow Cycle only has the UST version of the Nobby Nic and no new Conti. Plus their asking price for the Nobby Nic is outrageous: CAN$100 for a tire, they have got to be kidding me. I am actually contemplating purchasing a set of Maxxis Advantage 2.1 for the rear and Ardent 2.2 or 2.4 for the front. It should be a decent combo.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
spcarter said:
can't you buy schwalbe tires off their website?
You are correct, but they are way more expensive there than on any website... I can also special order them locally, but they are again way more expensive than any website. It sounds like I want my cake and eat it too. I think I am just going to wait and see what happens.

Thanks a lot for responding.

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
email Orion cycles at [email protected].

I have made purcases from them before at reasonable prices. Im not sure about shipping to canada.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts